cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
remyblokPW
Frequent Visitor

Async OnSave event on a Form does not seam to work

Hello. I'm trying to get async OnSave to work as discussed here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/model-driven-apps/clientapi/reference/events/fo.... But all my tests indicate that it does not work. The entity is saved before the async function has completed.

I have created the smallest possible solution where this problem is visible. Just 1 entity, it you save the entity a JavaScript event fills in the name field. This event is async, by doing just a simple retrieveRecord. What happens is that the entity is saved with the name field being empty.

I have added the app setting per the description in the Docs. I can also confirm that the setting is available when queried from the OData end-point. So everything seems to be in order on that end. But still the function is not awaited properly. I've attached my solution I'm testing with.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong here?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,256)