cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spols
Frequent Visitor

Attach Sharepoint document to a mail

Hi All, 

I found a lot of solution to send an attachment of a SP list but nothing to send a document from a Documents library.

I have a SP Document library where a pdf is stored.  I would like to send this pdf as an attachment.  I can send the link but I prefer to send the document.  The pdf document is generated previously in the workflow thus it change for each execution.

I would like to avoid Flow but if it's the only solution, I will use it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
thjeffri
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Spols,

I know you said you wanted to avoid a Power Automate flow, but in this case I think it will serve you best.

You could do this with a very simple flow, using the "Get File Content" action on the SharePoint connector: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/Connectors/sharepointonline/#get-file-content

You would just need to be able to provide the File Identifier from inside your canvas app.

Please let me know if you have questions on this.

Tom

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
thjeffri
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Spols,

I know you said you wanted to avoid a Power Automate flow, but in this case I think it will serve you best.

You could do this with a very simple flow, using the "Get File Content" action on the SharePoint connector: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/Connectors/sharepointonline/#get-file-content

You would just need to be able to provide the File Identifier from inside your canvas app.

Please let me know if you have questions on this.

Tom

View solution in original post

Spols
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I resigned myself to using power automate.  

Thanks for your answer

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (16,853)