cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottC

Attach multiple files at once And/or Drag & Drop

I am creating a basic app that copies files from the local computers and/or server computer to SharePoint, to avoid duplicates and old copies getting around.

The problem is I cannot find a way to Attach multiple files at once, or get a Drag and drop files working, and either one is acceptable. (or both)

I have found many posts claiming that drag and drop can be done with an attachments datacard inside a form, but they don't say how to do it, or give examples so I can learn.

I have tried myself, but cannot get it to work.

Can anyone help with either of these?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ScottC,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to add multiple attachments at once?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

Actually, there is a default column named Attachment in SharePoint list, you could add an Edit Form and add Attachment field to it. 

Notice that you could only select the aimed file rather than drag/drop to upload.

2021-03-26-05.png

2021-03-26-06.png

If you really want to have a Drag & Drop capability of related attachment control, I am afraid that there is no way to achieve this in Power Apps currently.

Here are some similar ideas you could vote for:

Drag and Drop of documents in PowerApps 

PowerApps Drag & Drop capability for Attachments to SharePoint list 

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Qi

@v-qiaqi-msft 
Thanks for the reply.

I have voted for those suggestions, as drag and drop would be nice.

Our problem is for each job we do, we have files we want to track, and keep in a central location.

At the moment, different departments put files where ever, making them hard to find, and creating multiple copies of the same file, with no register of what exists. The current way to do things is tedious, and too manual, and even those that try often make mistakes.

Our idea was to create a PowerApp (or something else) that everyone can use, allowing people to select a job, add the files, and it will put the files into SharePoint folders. 

I want it to be as simple as possible, and I thought this would be easier.

I had considered a SharePoint folder where people could dump files, and then they are filed into appropriate job folders, but I am not sure if this will also be a difficult job.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (54,009)