cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesSnaps
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Attach picture file size

I'm using an 'add picture' control to allow users to change their profile picture in my app, however it appears that there is a limit of 4MB for a profile picture. That's fine, but how I do deal with that in terms of preventing users from uploading larger files? If you try to upload an image larger than 4MB, there is an error message on the formula for the button, but is there any way to convey that to the user so they know it hasn't worked?

I can't seem to find a way to show error messages or disable the save button if the attached file size is too large, as the file size isn't a property I seem to be able to call upon. I've looked into the IfError function, but not entirely sure how to get it to work if that's what I'm looking for.

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 15.48.00.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jbrit2020
Helper V
Helper V
4 REPLIES 4
jbrit2020
Helper V
Helper V

You can try the ErrorInfo function.

IfError( ...... , Notify( "Internal error: " & ErrorInfo.Control & "." & ErrorInfo.Property ) )

See documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-iferror

Thanks @jbrit2020 , unfortunately no luck with that. The formula never produces the notification, it just errors on the upload but never seems to proceed onwards to the point where the notification is displayed. As far as I can tell, my implementation would be correct.Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 19.09.01.png

jbrit2020
Helper V
Helper V

Oh well done finding that, five minutes to implement and works perfectly as I need it to. Thanks to @jbrit2020 and @WarrenBelz 

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (46,200)