cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
modernoddity
Level: Powered On

Attaching PDF to Email automatically

@Sijts 

I am currently using a Flow to create a PDF from HTML produced within the app. I'm looking for a way to click a button and attach that PDF to an email from Powerapps. 

The button is currently set to: 

Launch("mailto:myemailaddress@outlook.com");

but I can't seem to find any documentation on how to attach the created PDF to the email automatically. 

Any suggestions? Is this even possible? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
modernoddity

Re: Attaching PDF to Email automatically

I found an article that said it was necessary to completely rebuild the Flow for it to be able to work again. This worked. I'm not sure why since it's identical to the other Flow but it's working now. Thanks for all the help 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Sijts
Level 8

you could start the flow from within powerapps, this way you could send the email address as a variable to flow, then in the flow after the creation of the pdf you could add it as an attachment to your email.

modernoddity

So I tried to do this and during testing everything worked until it got to the email portion. I'm very new to Flows so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.... the email address will always be the same, the subject will always be the same, it's only the PDF that will change. 

Here is the current flow: 

1.png

2.png

It works great to this point. 

Here is what I attempted to add to it (this is where it fails): 

3.png

Sijts
Level 8

Does your file name also had the extension in it, like .Pdf?

Also you could make the email variable by giving a emailadress as a parameter grom powerapps, somewhere states "ask in powerapps"
modernoddity

@Sijts 

Yes, the file name includes the file extension. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @modernoddity 

Do you want to send PDF by email?

https://clavinfernandes.wordpress.com/2018/04/13/convert-powerapps-data-to-pdf-and-send/

Best Regards.

Yumia

modernoddity

@v-yuxima-msft Yes, I want to send PDF by email but I'm not able to use the program in that tutorial. 

Merlijn
Level 8

Hi, I see some similarities with my app when sending an image as an an attachment without the use of flow.

See this topic and change the image .jpg to .PDF and it might work!

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/send-image-via-email/td-p/103464

Let me know if this solution works, then I can make use of it when I'm trying to send emails with a pdf attachment. I'm interested in your 'pdf generator' 😉
modernoddity

I found an article that said it was necessary to completely rebuild the Flow for it to be able to work again. This worked. I'm not sure why since it's identical to the other Flow but it's working now. Thanks for all the help 🙂

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

@modernoddity 

Try following these notes. These will allow you send to multiple attachments on one email via Flow.

See attached.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,585)