cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LWilcox
Level: Power Up

Attaching a file from OneDrive for Business in a PowerApp on mobile platform

I have a PowerApp created for multiple users in my organization to fill out job request details and then email them out appropriately. I have an attachment field on the form. It works for any files stored locally or even iCloud, but does not work when attempting to use OneDrive for Business. When I attempt to attach a file, it does ack me for my fingerprint to authenitcate, but  I get a popup saying "To protect is data, your organization manages this app. To use this app for work, sign in with your work or school account and try again".

When I try to add the connection, it asks me to choose an excel file. How do I have the app trigger logging into the current user's OneDrive? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Attaching a file from OneDrive for Business in a PowerApp on mobile platform

Hi @LWilcox,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you run the app within your Mobile device?

Further, do you want the app to trigger logging into the current user's OneDrive?

Please check if you have add a OneDrive for Business connection using your Organization account within your app.

If you want the end users to log in their own OneDrive for Business account when they run this shared app to attach a file from OneDrive for Business, please make sure they have installed OneDrive for Business app within their Mobile device, and they sign in it with their own OneDrive for Business account.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
LWilcox
Level: Power Up

Re: Attaching a file from OneDrive for Business in a PowerApp on mobile platform

Yes, I run the app within my Mobile Device.

I do want the app to trigger logging into the current user's OneDrive.

When I try to add the OneDrive for Buisness connection, it only allows me to select a specific excel document for data extraction.

I want the end user to attach a file from their OneDrive Account. When I test this on my own mobile device, I get the error message attached even though I am logged into my OneDrive for Business account on my phone.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,178)