cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Attachment Control disabled

I have added an attachment control to my app, but it is not behaving as it should.  

I added an edit form from my list and chosen to only display the attachment field.   I have not changed any settings, so all are defaulted to 'Edit' mode.

When I preview the app, it is in view mode.   I have no earthly idea why this is happening.

EditAttachments.png

AttachmentsDataCard.png

DataCard9.pngPlayMode.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Attachment Control disabled

Hi @JR-BejeweledOne ,

That is because the record you are trying to edit on the Attachment Form has not been created, so the form shows 'No Item to display'.

Let's try this, first to submit the Form as a new record with attachment, and then Patch the remaining data to just-created record.

1. Set the Form Default Mode to New, add the required Column into the Form(i.e. Title), set the Default to anything to make sure the required Column is not blank. then set its Visible property to false

2. Set the Save button.OnSelect: 

SubmitForm(FormName);

3. Set OnSuccess property of Form:

Patch('SP list',{ID: FormName.LastSubmitted.ID}, {.....})

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Follow this post for solution;

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Where-is-Attachments-Control/m-p/269332

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I looked at that post already and it doesn't have any information that would potentially resolve my issue. 

I have the attachment control in my app already, it was successfully added from a SharePoint list data source and it IS inside the form.  I didn't move anything or change any settings.   

The problem is all the settings are Edit mode but when the app is run, the attachment control is showing in view mode.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Have you tried changing the displaymode of the attachment to edit.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I am not trying to be rude, but did you actually read my original post and look at the screenshots?

I added it as an EDIT form and the display mode, as indicated in the screenshot for the form and every data card shows that it is in edit mode.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Well I was specifically referring to the attachment control not the form. There are Read my last response. There are instance where specific control's mode may be different from the form itself. A form can be edit mode but a control inside that form can be view.

------------

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

In my original post, I included the following screenshots:

• Form - shows Edit mode
  • The top level attachments data card - shows edit mode
  • The actual attachment data card - shows edit mode

Everything is in edit mode as indicated by the screenshots in the original post.

I can't change anything to edit mode as it is already in edit mode, including the attachment control.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JR-BejeweledOne ,

What is the Item property of the Form?

From your last snapshot, it seems that you didn't configure the Item property so the form shows 'No Item to display' when you preview the app.

When the Form in Edit mode, the Item property is required, that means you need to bind the specific record of the data source to the Form.Item property.

Please try to set the Item property, Ex: First('SP list')

Hope this helps,

Sik

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I added the attachment control from the list where the attachments will be going.   

The items is set to parent. default, should it really be set to anything else since this is the list where the attachments will be stored?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JR-BejeweledOne ,

What I ask is the Items property of EditForm, not Attachment control.

If the EditForm mode is Edit, you need to bind the Form.Item property to the specific records of data source(Ex. First('SP list')), then the attachment control will appear when preview.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,625)