cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RedMinion
Level: Powered On

Attachment Control in Android or iOS Does Not Work for Image Files

I have developed an app which connects to a custom list on SharePoint Online.  The user is able to fill out some single line text fields and then attach files using the attachments control.  When they submit the form it creates a new item in the list on SharePoint.  This works fine in the web player on PC/Mac, but it has issues on Android and iOS.  I can attach pdf files on Android and get it to work, but neither platform allows me to upload an image file to SharePoint.  The list item is created, but there is no attachment.  The picture I am trying to upload is less then 10 MB and I am on the latest version of the Android/iOS PowerApp.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Attachment Control in Android or iOS Does Not Work for Image Files

Hi @RedMinion,

I just tested with my iOS and I could successfully attach an image from iCloud in PowerApps. "1.png" is the picture I just uploaded:

webwxgetmsgimg.jpeg

Would you please capture a screenshot of how the PowerApps shows when you try to attach a picture from Andriod/iOS? Would you please try with different images?  

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
RedMinion

Hey Mona, thanks for getting back to me.  I have taken some screenshots of what I am trying to do so you can see exactly what is not working.

I open up the PowerApp on my android device and fill out the form as shown below.  You can see two attachments.  One is a jpg and the other is a pdf.  I then click on the submit check mark in the upper right hand corner.

PowerApps ScreenShot.png 

I then go over to the SharePoint list and find the item on the list.
SharePoint1.PNG

When I click on that list item only the PDF file is shown as an attachment. 

SharePoint2.PNG

The jpg file I attached was only 4.26 MB.  The PDF file was 2.56 MB.  The attachment control in the PowerApp is set to have 6 attachments as the maximum and the attachment size cannot exceed 10 MB.  I would try other types of image files, but since jpg is what most people would have, that file type really needs to work.

CVincent

I have exactly the same issue. When a use files approx greater than 2.5M the files don't be submit to the SP List but are kept in the attachment control white background when I return in Edit Mode of my record.

When i try on my web browser everything works fine.

Can we have some callback please. It's a REALLY BIG SHOW STOPPER for us.

girish1

One strange observation, in iPhone devices the image file uploaded gets renamed to some GUID and a scaled down version of image file gets uploaded.

Strangely, if you upload PDF file - the file name (as well as file size) on device and sharepoint matches as it is...

I think its more of an issues of iOS platform rather than Power Apps ... Apple is restricting direct image transfer

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,897)