cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spectra
Frequent Visitor

Attachment Control on Mobile "Take Photo" takes user out of app

I've created an attachment control to allow file uploads but on mobile it also asks users if they would like to take a picture.

A good by-product but when selected it takes you out of the app to the camera.

After taking a picture it returns to the start-up screen rather than the form they were on.
I need to fix the camera or turn it off

6 REPLIES 6
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Spectra ,

I made a test and did not find this issue. After using Attachments control and taking a picture the App returned to the Edit Screen as usual.

Please check if anyone has changed the OnAddFile property:

v-jefferni_0-1621219073612.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

No, nothing OnAddFile I have a attachment control in another section with the same behavior

If I go to the camera and hit back it does return to the app in the form I was in.
But if I take a picture and select "OK" it refreshes the App. Sometimes it doesn't even take me back into the correct app.

Either this function needs improvement or an ability to remove it.
Users will be incredibly frustrated when it doesn't work and they lose what they have already input

Spectra
Frequent Visitor

I'm on a galxy S9 if that helps at all.
This is all a single corporation and only Galaxy s9 are used (7,000 users)

Hi @Spectra ,

It is recommended that you try to use other brands or models of mobile phones to test your App. If the application runs normally on other phones, then we can know that the problem is on the phone.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Spectra
Frequent Visitor

Yes the same behavior exists on other phones I've tried but since only corporate use phones are allowed GS9 is my only phone type allowed

Hi @Spectra ,

But there is no GS9 equipment on my hand could be used to test the control. Is it possible for you to use other types of mobile phones to apply for a temporary test permit?

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,423)