cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RenatoT

Attachment From PowerApps to PowerAutomate and output back to PowerApps

Hello all,

I'm in need of assistance here. 

I'm using a separate attachment control copied from a form and using a file attachment as an input to run a flow using PowerAutomate. Afterwards this flow is supposed to output back into PowerApps as a string variable.

I know I'll have to set a variable while running the flow like so (not sure if this is correct):

Set(SavedVar, ForAll(DataCardValue33_1.Attachments, Flow.Run({file: {contentBytes:Value, name:Name}})));  - note I'm not getting any error with this.

After my PowerAutomate flow finishes it outputs a text string named "TextOutput"

However, when I try default a text label as TextOutput:

SavedVar.TextOutput

I get TextOutput isn't recognized. I'm assuming this is an error with the way I set the variable as I've used powerautomate outputs before but never with an attachment.

Any help would be great!

1 REPLY 1
RenatoT

Hi all I was able to figure out the issue!

I believe because of the ForAll function it made my variable save as a table instead of a text string - This is why I was not able to simply use my variable in a text label. I had to do the following to access the text value IN the table:

Index(SavedVar, 1).TextOutput

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,491)