cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phineas
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Attachment/Images Not Showing in Gallery

I am trying yo mimic the formula from one of my other Apps.

One Gallery1 displays the data the other Gallery displays the images based on content in Gallery1.

InspectionDetailGallery Items:
Filter('Schedule Details List',
If(IsBlank(ComboBox2_1.Selected.Value),true, TechnicianName in ComboBox2_1.SelectedItems.Value))

InspectionImagesGallery Items: 
LookUp(
'SEC Schedule Details List',
TruckVinNumber = Body1_40.Text
).'{Attachments}'

Image Control Image:
ThisItem.Value

When I put a label on the screen and place Body1_40.Text in the text property of the Label 'blank' is returned in the formula and there is no content in the Label.

Phineas_1-1656710592891.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Phineas ,

Then what is the problem - it is all one record in the gallery and they will be the same picture no matter which field you use - a better option is

LookUp(
   ID = InspectionDetailGallery.Selected.ID
).Attachments

I cannot see your data or field names, but you simply need to show the attachments belonging to the item selected in InspectionDetailGallery

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

@Phineas ,

Seems like a bit of a rhetorical question - you need the content of your VIN number in Body1_40 for this to display the image in the gallery

LookUp(
).Attachments

I assume firstly that this is an image (jpg) file and that Body1_40 is the field you have circled at the left ?

Yes, sir.

As shown Body1_40.Text is highlight in green. Though, as I said if I put Body1_40.Text in a Label nothing appears.

Phineas_0-1656715892754.png

@Phineas ,

What exactly am I looking at in your picture ? Can you please post the left panel when you have that control in green selected.

I don't understand your question.

The Radio control determines what list to pull data from.

The ComboBox is where the choice data is displayed.

The user chooses from the ComboBox list (TechnicianName, CustomerName, TruckVinNumber) which populate the Gallery, including the 'TechnicianName' and 'TruckVinNumber' fields, which should populate the image Gallery.

If I change the formula to 'TechnicianName' I get the images based on the 'TechnicianName' associated with the item in the 'Image Gallery'.

LookUp(
'Schedule Details List',
TechnicianName = Body1_34.Text
).Attachments

Phineas_0-1656720029312.png

If I change the formula to 'TruckVinNumber' no images display in the 'Image Gallery'.

LookUp(
'Schedule Details List',
).Attachments

Phineas_1-1656720253758.png

@Phineas ,

Clearly Body1_40.Text is not the value you are after to filter (as you said yourself, the reference produces blank in a label), so please highlight the field under Truck VIN Number and then look at top right (better than the left panel I mentioned earlier) to see what is selected for the name and type of control

WarrenBelz_0-1656721954040.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Yep, there is a value that appears in the top right, and it match that of the content of Body1_40, highlight in the image. The column is 'Single line of text' in SharePoint.

Phineas_1-1656722635577.png

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

@Phineas ,

OK I see now this is in a Gallery - the reason you can see any reference outside the gallery is that you need

InspectionDetailGallery.Selected.Body1_40.Text

however, you should do this

LookUp(
   TruckVinNumber = InspectionDetailGallery.Selected.TruckVinNumber
).Attachments

Tried this:
LookUp(
'Schedule Details List',
TruckVinNumber = InspectionDetailGallery.Selected.Body1_40.Text
).Attachments

and this...

LookUp(
TruckVinNumber = InspectionDetailGallery.Selected.TechnicianName
).Attachments

Phineas_0-1656726163535.png

Still no images. Something about this field or the content; because, again, if I change the formula to the 'TechnicianName' the images shows in the Image Gallery.

@Phineas ,

Then what is the problem - it is all one record in the gallery and they will be the same picture no matter which field you use - a better option is

LookUp(
   ID = InspectionDetailGallery.Selected.ID
).Attachments

I cannot see your data or field names, but you simply need to show the attachments belonging to the item selected in InspectionDetailGallery

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,122)