cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attachment Permissions

I want to allow users to view and add to the attachments field on my sharepoint list.

How can I prevent users from removing attachments?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Anonymous

If you give users the ability to add attachments, you are also giving them the ability to remove attachments using the control. I would suggest raising this on the PowerApps Ideas forum to let the team know that you would like to see this functionality.

If your use-case is taht you would like people to add atteachments to any new items, and to prevent people from adding AND removing attachments when Editing items, you could have a variable set that defines when we are in Edit mode, then have the onvisible of the Attachments Datacard based on that variable, that way it would only allow change to the attachments when submitting new items.

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Anonymous

If you give users the ability to add attachments, you are also giving them the ability to remove attachments using the control. I would suggest raising this on the PowerApps Ideas forum to let the team know that you would like to see this functionality.

If your use-case is taht you would like people to add atteachments to any new items, and to prevent people from adding AND removing attachments when Editing items, you could have a variable set that defines when we are in Edit mode, then have the onvisible of the Attachments Datacard based on that variable, that way it would only allow change to the attachments when submitting new items.

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,064)