cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcanfield83
Frequent Visitor

Attachment control / Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2

Hi All,

I'm having a slight issue in trying to incorporate a file attachment into the email notification that's sent when a form is submitted within my Power App.

The app itself is pretty basic -

• Edit Form named formReq ; data source is a SharePoint list named "Requests".
  • Default Mode: New
  • Form includes a description field and an attachment control named attchItem. The Data Card containing the attachment control is linked to the "Attachments" field on the SharePoint list.
  • Icon in the upper-right corner of the screen contains SubmitForm(formReq) in the OnSelect behavior.
  • OnSuccess behavior of the form incorporates the Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2 functionality.

Upon submitting the form, I can see (and view/download) the attached file on the SharePoint item that's created - represented by the paperclip icon underneath the "Attachments" column. Thus, it's submitting properly, but for some reason, the attachment is not included in the e-mail notification that's sent out when the form is submitted; everything else (i.e.: subject line, body, cc) works as expected. Below is the code I'm currently using within the OnSuccess behavior of formReq:

Notify("Success", NotificationType.Success);
Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2
(
"myemailaddress@mydomain.com",
"New Request Submitted!",
"<p style='font-size:20px'>
<b>Request # " & formReq.LastSubmit.ID & "</a> has been submitted!</b></p>
<ul><li><p style='font-size:16px'><b>Description:</b> " &
formReq.LastSubmit.Description &
"</p></li><li><p style='font-size:16px'><b>Submitted By:</b>" &
formReq.LastSubmit.Submitted_x0020_By & "</li></ul>",
{
Cc:"teamdistro@mydomain.com",
Attachments: AddColumns(RenameColumns(attchItem.Attachments, "Value", "ContentBytes"), "@odata.type", "")
}
);
Navigate(screenReqListing);

Any thoughts as to why the attachment is missing from the email notification? 😕

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@bcanfield83 Looks like this is an issue others are also facing (Send email with existing attachment from attac... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)) . Please consider raising a ticket with MS.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@bcanfield83  I tried the same and it seems to work fine. Can you confirm attchItem is the attachment control in your form. 

bcanfield83
Frequent Visitor

@CNT - yep, attchItem is the name of the attachment control itself within the form. I've included a couple screen prints of this.

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@bcanfield83  It's a bit strange, anyway can you highlight this bit of the code AddColumns(RenameColumns(attchItem.Attachments, "Value", "ContentBytes"), "@odata.type", "") in the formula bar and see if ContentBytes has the contents in it.

bcanfield83
Frequent Visitor

Hmm, yep it looks like it does (see screen print).. does that look right? 

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@bcanfield83  In your case the contents says, appres://blobmanager/ which means that this control is not really linked to your SP list. If it was linked to your SP list, the contents would be something like, appres://datasources/yourSPList/table/...... 
What is the Datasource for the Form which holds this control? Is it pointing to u'r SP list?

bcanfield83
Frequent Visitor

@CNT Yea the data source for the form is "Requests" which is the name of the SharePoint list. The DataField for the Data Card that contains the attachment control is "{Attachments}" which is one of the columns on the SharePoint list. 

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@bcanfield83 It's a bit strange why it's not working. Remove and re-add that Attachment field and don't unlock that data card and try and see if it works.

bcanfield83
Frequent Visitor

@CNT Agreed, it's vexing me! 😕  I'll give that a try - thanks! 

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@bcanfield83 Looks like this is an issue others are also facing (Send email with existing attachment from attac... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)) . Please consider raising a ticket with MS.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,542)