cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tata66
Frequent Visitor

Attachments do not always send

Hi community,

I have build an app with a flow to send emails that include attachments. 
I used this blog as a guide : https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/multiple-attachments-single-email/ , which works like a charm. My trouble is that the attachments are not always included in the emails. It seems pretty random too.  

Has it something to do with the connection speed? That the flows runs before all attachments are uploaded?

Does somebody has an idea or a solution?

Much appreciated,

Cheers,
Tata66

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Attachments do not always send

Hi Tata66,

If you go back and review the run history for an affected Flow are the attachments present in the array, or are they missing here too? One thought is that it’s possible that the attachments were added after the list item was created so they weren’t included when the Flow was run. We should be able to review the run history to determine if this might be the case.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Rory

Tata66
Frequent Visitor

Hi Rory,

Thank you for the reply. It seems they already go missing in the array. Is there something go wrong in the action "Get attachments"? Any ideas? All help is much appreciated!
Array empty.PNGAttachment_false.PNG

Cheers,

Tata66

Community Support
Community Support

Hi Tata66,

Thank you for your reply and the information. I think you might be right in that the attachments aren’t uploaded completely before the Flow runs which causes them to be missing in the Flow.

Do you know if the attachments are always added right after the item is created? You could add a delay step in the Flow to account for this time frame to add the attachments, and then have the rest of the steps run later (such as Get attachment content). More information about the delay action is available here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/run-scheduled-tasks#delay-a-flow

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Rory

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,566)