cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
urvashi19
Frequent Visitor

Attachments in Power App

I am having an app with multiple forms. one of the form has an email attachment section.  I want to add attachment to my app saved in document folder of sharepoint list. 

I am facing issue of adding the attachment into power app. The documents saved in sharepoint document folders is linked to unique ids(Created by me). I want to map these documents to their respective ids and then update these attachments in power app forms. The id is created for new mails from which the attachment is also being extracted.

6 REPLIES 6
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @urvashi19 ,

Could you describe your needs and the problems you encountered in detail?

1. Where do your files/attachments come from? Are they stored in the attachment column of the list or in the document library?
  2. What is your ultimate goal? Add attachments to the edit form? What is the role of 'ids' here?

Best Regards,
Wearsky

urvashi19
Frequent Visitor

My document is being extracted from email. I want to add these attachment to sharepoint list(Where other column with additional information is present).

And then I want these documents to be displayed in power apps.

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @urvashi19 ,

So, what have you done so far? 

Did you use flow? Did you save the attachments in the document library after the user sent an email with attachments?

Do you want to save the attachments in each email to a record?

For example, if you send 5 emails, do you want to create 5 records in the list?

Please provide more information.

Best Regards,
Wearsky

urvashi19
Frequent Visitor

yes I have created a flow and saved my attachment in the document library. For each email single record is created in sharepoint list

@urvashi19 ,

It would be useful to post your code (in Text) as well as a screenshot of your Flow.

urvashi19
Frequent Visitor

I just wanna know if it is possible to create a link between files in Sharepoint List attachment and Sharepoint Library. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,091)