cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Attempting to write a (toggle) value from a collection (derived from a Gallery) into a SQL database. Cannot figure out how to identify the record(s) to write to.

I have an EDIT screen with an EDIT form and a GALLERY at the bottom which brings back corresponding record(s) from a SQL database ('[shp].[MOBProductPO]_1'). The toggle within the gallery will be the only editable item wihtin the GALLERY. If the user swithes the toggle I need to be able to write back that value to the SQL Database.

So far the Submit button creates a Collection (POEdit) which holds the toggle values for each record in the gallery. 

What is the syntax to write those values back to their corresponding records within the SQL database? I can not figure out how to tell PowerApps which record.

Thas for any help

@Laura

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Attempting to write a (toggle) value from a collection (derived from a Gallery) into a SQL database. Cannot figure out how to identify the record(s) to write to.

Hi @Cmagee2433 ,

Do you want to update records in PowerApps to SQL?

I suggest you use the combination of gallery and edit form.

1)Set the gallery's Items: tablename

2)inset an "add" button

3)set the "add" button's OnSelect: NewForm(Form1)

4)Set the edit form's data source: tablename

Item: gallery1.Selected

5)Set the submitform's OnSelect: SubmitForm(Form1)

Then, if you click the "add"button, the form will be an empty form, you could enter data in it.Cilck the submit button, you will create a new record to SQL.

If you click the arrow button inside tha gallery , the form will load the item's data that you select.You could edit the data. Click the submit button, you will update the record that you select to SQL.

Here's a doc about it for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/working-with-forms

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,460)