cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Attendance System for check in & check out

Dear All PowerApps Dev.

I am looking for someone can help me to build an attendance system using PowerApps, I'm really need help for this apps that will make all progress run smoothly.
Function Required:-

• Have a list all staff,
  • Every morning each staff will click check in to represent the staff arrive in certain time and date, when time to go back the staff will check out in certain time and date,
  • Every thing need to be recorded,
  • For staff with no check in and check out for that day means the staff was absense,
  • Admin can monitor all staff IN and OUT everyday.

Thank You

AzzamNizam

63 REPLIES 63

Hi @v-xida-msft ,

The code in Check Out Button is not working, it says error in IF condition, it says invalid argument type (Table) expected a record value.

Please help!

Thanks @v-xida-msft ,

This helped me...i could do i check in and out with multiple checkouts. One help i need is, i can see the correct time in the admin monitor, i guess its the system clock, but on sharepoint i see a different time zone, can you please help me set the clock, i tried a few solutions on this thread that haven't worked. Also it would be great if we could detect the location of the employee. At present we are taking manual inputs but it isn't helping.

Thanks again.

Hi @Shradds ,

have you checked the code for loading and saving data into collection code? if someone checks in and then re opens the app then it should check out first, but the check out code is not working for me have some errors in that.

have you checked it? 

@MH3 ,

At present we are using it for a simple scenario, it will be used within our MS teams and the team will be using it just to report their locations and their working hours. If i check in and close the app within teams and get back to check out, i see the entries in my logs as well as sharepoint. Do you want it to auto check out on closing the app?

Hi @Shradds ,

No,actually I have an application, in which user can first check in, and after that they can checkout, this works fine (if they are currently on the app),

but in other scenario, if the user checks in, and then closes the application, the check out button shows up, but when I click on it does not update the check out for that check in record.

Any help in that case, can I share you my button codes? 

Hi, I see the questions here are 2 years old; but hopefully you can help.

I've used the option to make 1 record in SP for both checkin and out, so check out column will be filled at the row there's allready a checkin. That works fine.

(Don't understand how the "" Text(Created;"[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy")=Text(Now();"[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy"  "" works; but nevermind; it works.)

But my problem is; I can press the CheckIn button many times and that will result in many rows in SP.

If I press Checkout only the first recrod will be updated with checkout time/date.

How to adjust the formula for checkin that checkin button will only be visible if 

Lookup SP list if date is not empty and email=currentemail=than not visible or something?

Or Onselect refresh SP list Lookup SP list if date is not empty and email=currentemail=than do nothing; else patch the data.

If(
IsEmpty(
Errors(SPLIST;Patch(Overuren;
Defaults(SPLIST);
{
Title: ReasonOvertime.Text;
StaffName: User().FullName;
StaffEmail: CurrentUserEmail;
CheckIn: Now()
} ))
);
Notify("saved";NotificationType.Success);
Notify("not saved";NotificationType.Error)
)

Hi, I see the questions here are 2 years old; but hopefully you can help.

I've used the option to make 1 record in SP for both checkin and out, so check out column will be filled at the row there's allready a checkin. That works fine.

(Don't understand how the "" Text(Created;"[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy")=Text(Now();"[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy"  "" works; but nevermind; it works.)

But my problem is; I can press the CheckIn button many times and that will result in many rows in SP.

If I press Checkout only the first recrod will be updated with checkout time/date.

How to adjust the formula for checkin that checkin button will only be visible if 

Lookup SP list if date is not empty and email=currentemail=than not visible or something?

Or Onselect refresh SP list Lookup SP list if date is not empty and email=currentemail=than do nothing; else patch the data.

If(
IsEmpty(
Errors(SPLIST;Patch(Overuren;
Defaults(SPLIST);
{
Title: ReasonOvertime.Text;
} ))
);
Notify("saved";NotificationType.Success);
Notify("not saved";NotificationType.Error)
)

Hi @SimplrMac ,

Thanks for Mentioning,

First of all show me the OnSelect  and Display Mode Code of your Check in and Check Out.

Also, Create a Status Column (Single Line Text) in your list.

Frequent Visitor

@MH3 

Thank for replying that quikcly:

I have created an extra column in SP status; but why?

Here the other info:

Checkin On Select:

If(
IsEmpty(
Errors(Overuren;Patch(Overuren;
Defaults(Overuren);
{
Title: RedenOverTime_2.Text;
} ))
);
Notify("opgeslagen";NotificationType.Success);
Notify("niet opgeslagen";NotificationType.Error)
)

DisplayMode

Displaymode Edit

Checkout

Refresh(Overuren);;
If(
!IsBlank(LookUp(Overuren;StaffEmail=CurrentUserEmail && Text(Created;"[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy")=Text(Now();"[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy")));
Patch(
Overuren;
LookUp(Overuren;StaffEmail=CurrentUserEmail && Text(Created;"[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy")=Text(Now();"[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy"));
{
CheckOut: Now()
}
)
)

Displaymode

DisplayMode.Edit

Hi @SimplrMac ,

Check Out This Post https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Powerapp-does-not-update-sharepoint-list-aft...  (on Page 1 ), and  try to change your code accordingly,

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (104,307)