Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bartek1
Helper II
Helper II

Attendance in the office

Hello,

I am developing an app that will have two buttons - Check In and Check Out. The data is connected with my sharepoint list called EmployeeOffice.

I used the following formulas:

Check in button:

Set(CurrentCheckedInRecord; Patch(EmployeeOffice; Defaults(EmployeeOffice);{Title:"Office";StaffFullName:User().FullName;StaffEmail:User().Email;CheckIn:Now()}));; Navigate(CheckIn;ScreenTransition.Fade)

Check Out button:

Refresh(EmployeeOffice);; If(!IsBlank(CurrentCheckedInRecord); Patch(EmployeeOffice;CurrentCheckedInRecord;{CheckOut:Now()}));; Navigate(CheckOut;ScreenTransition.Fade)

I would like to add the following functionalities:

- you cannot check in again if you didnt check out (the message that you are already checked in should appear)

- you cannot check out if you didnt check in (the message that your have not checked in should appear)

I use FullName of my employees and Email address. Employee will check in and out everyday.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Bartek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Bartek1 

It’s probably a delegation warning.  You can still send me the error message.  I can translate the Polish to English.

My guess is User().Email is causing the delegation problem.  To solve it, put this code in the OnStart property of your app.  Then ‘Run App OnStart’.

Set(varUserEmail, User().Email)

Then replace any references to User().Email in your formulas with varUserEmail instead.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@Bartek1 

My thought is just to make the buttons disabled when they should not be pressed via the DisplayMode property.

Put this code in the DisplayMode property of your CheckIn button

If(
    IsBlank(LookUp(EmployeeOffice, StaffEmail=User().Email And CheckOut=Blank())),
    DisplayMode.Edit,
    DisplayMode.Disabled
)

Then put this code in the DisplayMode property of your CheckOut button.

If(
    !IsBlank(LookUp(EmployeeOffice, StaffEmail=User().Email And CheckOut=Blank())),
    DisplayMode.Edit,
    DisplayMode.Disabled
)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

@mdevaney 

It does not work, when I insert the formula, it shows a yellow triangle next to both buttons and the message that the expected value is enum. There is also info that the formula may not work with the bigger data in 3 cases.

Maybe there should be something more?

@Bartek1 

I missed an important chunk of code because I was too focused on writing the logical condition.  Please see my original post for the corrected code.

---

@mdevaney 

Now it shows that there is a wrong number of arguments: Received 3, Expected 1.

@Bartek1 

Can you please supply a screenshot of the formula you wrote and the error message along side it?

@mdevaney 

My PowerApp is in Polish so it will be hard to understand, but I am using the same formula as you. In the Formula icon it shows two errors:

1. Incorrect number of arguments: received: 3, expected 1. 

Location Button1

.Displaymode

2. Incorrect number of arguments: received: 1, expected at least 2. 

Location Button1

.Displaymode

And then there are three in the warning section regading the number of records.

The app is functioning, but the button has still this yellow triangle.

Do you know why it might be like this? Maybe something is missing in the lookup or isblank formula?

@Bartek1 

I missed some brackets.  Corrected above again.  Sorry, I'm typing mostly from a mobile phone.

You can send screenshots in Polish.   Doesn't matter to me.  I see all type of languages here.  PowerApps is a common language though.

---

@mdevaney 

Now the erros dissapeared but there are still 6 warnings.

Attached my formulas and how it looks. Still got triangles, and now the check in button is all the time in "disabled" mode, as I cannot click it. The sherpoint list is empty. Please ba aware that in my PowerApp comma is ";".

Thank you for your support!!

@Bartek1 

It’s probably a delegation warning.  You can still send me the error message.  I can translate the Polish to English.

My guess is User().Email is causing the delegation problem.  To solve it, put this code in the OnStart property of your app.  Then ‘Run App OnStart’.

Set(varUserEmail, User().Email)

Then replace any references to User().Email in your formulas with varUserEmail instead.

---

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (41,491)