Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Attendance in the office

Hello,

I am developing an app that will have two buttons - Check In and Check Out. The data is connected with my sharepoint list called EmployeeOffice.

I used the following formulas:

Check in button:

Set(CurrentCheckedInRecord; Patch(EmployeeOffice; Defaults(EmployeeOffice);{Title:"Office";StaffFullName:User().FullName;StaffEmail:User().Email;CheckIn:Now()}));; Navigate(CheckIn;ScreenTransition.Fade)

Check Out button:

Refresh(EmployeeOffice);; If(!IsBlank(CurrentCheckedInRecord); Patch(EmployeeOffice;CurrentCheckedInRecord;{CheckOut:Now()}));; Navigate(CheckOut;ScreenTransition.Fade)

I would like to add the following functionalities:

- you cannot check in again if you didnt check out (the message that you are already checked in should appear)

- you cannot check out if you didnt check in (the message that your have not checked in should appear)

I use FullName of my employees and Email address. Employee will check in and out everyday.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Bartek

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

@mdevaney 

Now its all working perfectly!! Thank you very much! 🙂

Highlighted

Hello @Bartek1 ,

is your app working fine? actually I am developing the same application for the company as yours, but I am facing a little problem, is that when someone checked in, and then he closes the powerapp and re opens the app the check in button shows up and it does not check that the user already had checked in before, it will be like making a new entry, want to guide the user to check out first then you can check in for making a new entry.

Any Help?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Bartek1 @Bartek1 ,

Dzień dobry 😊

I plan to build an attendance system for my office using PowerApps and I visited the powerusers Microsoft community to see what I could find. I did see some solutions but yours is the most fit for our purpose especially because of its simplicity and functionalities below:

- staff cannot check in again if they didnt check out (the message that you are already checked in should appear)

- staff cannot check out if the didn't check in (the message that your have not checked in should appear)

I have created a SharePoint List Called SigninAndOut and I used StaffName of our employees and StaffEmail. Employee will check in and out everyday.

Please I am asking for your support to help me create this. Thank you.

Best regards,

Fred

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,186)