cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Audio file not playing on first screen.

Hi all,

I have created an app and have an audio file which I want to play when the first app screen is visible. Currently the audio file plays for some users when they open the app and not for other users and I cannot work out why it only works for some users.

The audio file is set to play when varIntro: true. I have set the onvisible property of the first screen to: UpdateContext({varIntro: true}) so whenever the first screen is visible the audio file should be playing. When a user navigates away from a screen I have UpdateContext({varIntro: false}).

If I open the app in Edit mode the audio file plays immediately. If I open the app in play mode the audio file does not play unless I navigate away from screen 1 and navigate back to screen 1.

For the audio file I currently have the following settings:

Start = varIntro

AutoStart = true

Loop = false

Thanks,

Freddie

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sorry I should also say: I thought originally the file wasn't playing because it didn't have time to load. So I used a timer function and got the sound to play once the timer reached 10 seconds. This still didn't work for some users the first time they open the app.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @freddiejoseph1 ,

I would suggest you change to use global variable instead of update context variable, and then put the code 'Set(varIntro, true)' to the App.OnStart property since you want the audio file play in the first screen.

Hope this helps.

Sik

Highlighted

Hi Sik,

I have tried using a global variable and it still is not working. As I mentioned, it works for some users and not for other users. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Freddie

Highlighted

Hi @freddiejoseph1 ,

It's hard for me to reproduce this issue. I haven't manage to that.

I would suggest you submit a Support Ticket to Microsoft for further assistance.

Get Help + Support 
Sik

Highlighted

@Sik  no problem at all. Thanks for helping 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,859)