cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amghost
Helper II
Helper II

Authentication Loop Issue

We developed an app that we will push via the web player but users will access on their phones (most have personal devices so we cannot require them to download the app).  

The app has connection to a SharePoint List and Office365Users.

When users are testing they keep getting asked to Authenticate over and over again.  Some do not experience this if they go incognito in Chrome on their mobile browser.  Some users are also only getting a white screen.

Without resolving this, we cannot push this out.  Any pointers are greatly appreciated!

11 REPLIES 11
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Amghost ,

Sorry, but forget about trying to run the app on mobile devices in a the app browser - you will not get good results even if it manages to work. They will need to download the App.

We have about 120 users on a variety of devices and have a number of deep-linked apps that have to be force-launched in the app instead of the browser as the browser (Chrome or Safari) will open them, but barely function. The mobile device browser simply does not have the ability to render the required code.

As for your authentication issues, this should only come up once (to create the connection) once the app is installed. Over half the 120 users mentioned do not have company devices and have installed the apps on their own - we did not required this, but the apps are useful to them, so they asked for them to be shared and installed it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Amghost ,

Do you mean that these end users keep getting asked to Authenticate when they run your canvas app?

Is the "multi-factor authentication" option enabled for your end users's sign in account? 

Firstly, if these end users want to run your shared canvas app, they could download PowerApps Mobile App in their Mobile device. Then use the PowerApps Mobile App to run your shared app instead of web browser in their mobile device.

Also please make sure these end users have proper license (Office 365 license for PowerApps at least) to access PowerApps features.

Please check if the "multi-factor authentication" option has been enabled for your end users's account. If the "multi-factor authentication" option is enabled for your end users' sign in account, they may face this issue. Please check the following thread for more details:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Powerapps-keep-asking-to-authenticate-by-cal...

Please consider ask your end users to disable the "multi-factor authentication" option for their sign in account, and then run your shared app again, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, I think the Set-AdminPowerAppApisToBypassConsent PowerApps PowerShel Cmdlet could help fix this issue. You could install PowerApps PowerShell module in your PC, and then execute the following cmdlet in your PowerShell Command Window:

11.JPG

Note: The 'c7a3aee1-4628-451e-8aa1-e1b342c44141' represents the App ID of my canvas app, please replace it with actual App Id of your shared app.

Please check the following blog and article for more details:

https://poszytek.eu/en/microsoft-en/office-365-en/powerapps-en/end-user-receives-pop-up-asking-for-p...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-powershell#cmdlet-list---admin-cmdle...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-xida-msft for the explanation of the authentication issues.

I was trying to guide @Amghost to recognise a bigger issue with mobile devices browsers and Power Apps.

@Amghost , happy to share further if required.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@v-xida-msft - 

I do not believe this will resolve the issue as this solution seems to target connections within the App.  Our issue is that the app goes into a loop asking users to Authenticate their account before the App will even open.  

In our scenario, we cannot have the users Download the App as they are using their personal devices.  

Is this a known issue with the WebPlayer on Mobile Browsers?

Is there are resolution?

@WarrenBelz - Yes.  Any guidance is appreaciated.

Unfortunately, this is a show-stopper in this scenario.

@v-xida-msft @WarrenBelz - I also just had a user report that they experienced the same issue using the App.  That is not good news... Could it be something in the App causing it?

@v-xida-msft @WarrenBelz -

Getting a little further with this, but still troubling.  Seems to be a Cookie issue and we cannot have staff disable cross-site tracking in their settings.

Getting an error - "Unable to obtain access token for resource 'https://apihub.azure.com'. Error from ADAL.js:...."

Any ideas or pointers/work arounds...?

Hi Amghost,

Sorry your users are getting multiple prompts. Ideally this doesn't happen however on iOS the blocking of cross-site tracking also impacts authentication providers. 

Azure AD has this article: Azure AD Prevent cross-site tracking. 

Right now Power Apps can't workaround the issue. Hopefully your users can download the mobile app if this is blocking them.

Sorry that I don't have a better solution for you.

Rich Dickinson

PM Power Apps

Hi @Amghost ,

I think @richdiMSFT has given a proper explanation for this issue. As an available solution, please consider ask your end users to download PowerApps Mobile App in their mobile device, then run this shared app using PowerApps Mobile App, then check if the issue is fixed.

Please also check and see if the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Authentication-loop-with-PowerApps-Mobile-Ap...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,318)