cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate II
Advocate II

Authentication for user forms - nightmares!

I've just launched a range of forms for staff members to use and they can't access them. they're getting looped authentication issues. We're located in Australia.

This needs to be resolved or we will just stop using this product for good. By the way just HOW many times does Microsoft require someone to sign in - it's ridiculous.. 

I can't deal with all our hundreds of users individually - for example getting them to add *powerapps.com to trusted zone - these forms used to work fine.

Here are some of the errors.error_msg.jpg

Sign in required

A missing cookie prevented sign in for one of your services. To avoid signing in for each additional service, make sure third-party cookies are allowed in your browser. For Safari, disable "Prevent Cross-Site Tracking" in the "Privacy and Security" section of settings. 

Sign in attempt failed. Error from ADAL.js: Error opening popup (Popup Window is null. This can happen if you are using IE)

Sorry, there's been a disconnect (not kidding, right!)

We can't find the page you're looking for. Please verify the link and try again.

And another...

Unable to obtain access token for resource 'https://service.powerapps.com/'. Error from ADAL.js: login_required (AADSTS50058: A silent sign-in request was sent but no user is signed in. The cookies used to represent the user's session were not sent in the request to Azure AD. This can happen if the user is using Internet Explorer or Edge, and the web app sending the silent sign-in request is in different IE security zone than the Azure AD endpoint (login.microsoftonline.com).

11 REPLIES 11

Again, that only solves the problem for technically-literate users who have both the knowledge and permissions to alter these settings.

It's not an organisational-wide fix.

Frequent Visitor

Spent a lot of time developing an app that needed to be run from the web URL and Safari (on iPhone) has the setting to block 3rd party cookies by default. Authentication nightmare and breaks app.
I agree. Not impressed. Yes, I can run it from the app fine, but that's not the point. Just want licensed users to sign in once and use the application via the URL in a browser.
Enable the setting for 3rd party cookies and all works but can't ask 1000s of users to do that.
Sorry Microsoft, not a good experience.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,027)