Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nic182
Frequent Visitor

Auto Email with text and pulling some data from PowerApps form error

Hi there,

I've built:

A PowerApps form that populates a sharepoint list

OnSuccess I would like to send an email to the "cooridinator" with the ID and Title from the form.  I keep getting an error saying "Expected operator. Operators join to operands together" 

I have no idea - I have just started using PowerApps. Here's the formula. Any help would be appreciated.

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2 ("nsmtime3@gmail.com", "New Product Enhancement Request – ID”) ( & PEFormInput.LastSubmitID & “Title – “ & PEFormInput.LastSubmit.Title &, "A new product enhancement request has been received")

Thanks, Nic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@nic182 ,

The syntax is correct, although I noticed you have the wrong type of quotes in your post (did you edit this in Word?).

Also if this is OnSuccess of the Form

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(
   "nsmtime3@gmail.com", 
   "New Product Enhancement Request – ID " & Self.LastSubmit.ID & " Title – " & Self.LastSubmit.Title, 
   "A new product enhancement request has been received"
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

@nic182 ,

I think this is what you are trying to do

"nsmtime3@gmail.com", 
   "New Product Enhancement Request – ID " & PEFormInput.LastSubmit.ID & " Title – " & PEFormInput.LastSubmit.Title, 
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @nic182 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

nic182
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Sorry, I only got to try it this morning.

I am getting the below error message when I try the new formula you suggested...

nic182_0-1639349233566.png

@nic182 ,

The syntax is correct, although I noticed you have the wrong type of quotes in your post (did you edit this in Word?).

Also if this is OnSuccess of the Form

"nsmtime3@gmail.com", 
   "New Product Enhancement Request – ID " & Self.LastSubmit.ID & " Title – " & Self.LastSubmit.Title, 
)

nic182
Frequent Visitor

Thanks! Yes I did put it into word. I am guessing I should use Notepad for formulas? Thanks again. 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,202)