cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Auto Increment Id in a Collection, and update collection via that Id.

Hey all

Before I start of things, I already made this work with a SQL table, but now I want to recreate this but with a collection, to have faster loadings and just to test it out in general.

But Im struggling with the following, I want to add tasks to a collection with a Id that auto increments everytime a new task is created.

What also needs to possible is that a task can be modified and can be deleted.

Now the incrementing Id works fine only passing that Id to a new task doenst seem to work.

I hope the screenshots below make it a bit more cleat what I try to achieve.

Kind regards

Tom

New Task screenNew Task screen

FIrst task saved in the collection, makes a blank record with itFIrst task saved in the collection, makes a blank record with itTasklist viewTasklist view

OnHidden NewTaskOnHidden NewTask

OnVisible of the NewTask ScreenOnVisible of the NewTask ScreenUpdatecontext IdUpdatecontext IdUpdated IdUpdated IdTaskCollection, where only two tasks can be added apparentlyTaskCollection, where only two tasks can be added apparentlyI

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Auto Increment Id in a Collection, and update collection via that Id.

Hi @Tom_Slosse,

Would you please shared the formula you used to create the collection? 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Re: Auto Increment Id in a Collection, and update collection via that Id.

Hey @v-monli-msft

I solved my problem by adding some more screens to my app. So I have one for a New Task and one for Edit Task now and it works fine. I guess the auto increment Id wasn't the problem but the resetting of the field won't work and I think that messed it up. 

But thanks for the reply.

Kind regards

Tom

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,557)