cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Auto-Populate fields based on other field value entered

Hello,

I am very new to Powerapps. I have a simple question,

I have already connected excel table to my app. So when a user wants to submit a new form, based on the item number entered by the user, the product name field must be automatically filled in. The excel data base contains all the Item Numbers and the respective product names.

Looking forward for your support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Auto-Populate fields based on other field value entered

Hi@akashsaraswat19,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I discovered that you have proposed a similar case which has been marked solved. Is there anything unsolved, could you please share more about your scenario?

We are used to using LookUp() when it comes to auto-populating one field based on another field filled. This function is easier and efficient.  

Since you mentioned that this autofill issue is related to submitting a new form, I think there is something different from the case you proposed before.

I have a test on my side, you can take a try as below.

Set the Default property of the data card belonging to product name as below

If(EditForm1.Mode=FormMode.New,LookUp(Employees,EmployeesId=DataCardValue3.Text,EmployeesName))​

On your side, you can write as below

If(EditForm1.Mode=FormMode.New,LookUp(Table1,ItemNumber=DataCardValue3.Text,ProductName))​

Note: DataCardValue3 represents by the control belonging to Item Numbers in your Form.

You can also check the GIF attachment for reference.0004.gif

Best Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

You will have to use a lookUp. Assuming Table1 is the Excel Table with ID and ProductName as columns.

If the user Input ID into Textbox1, then in Default of TextBox2, put:

LookUp(Table1, ID=Value(Textbox1.Text),ProductName )

Or

LookUp(Table1, ID=Textbox1.Text,ProductName )

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi@akashsaraswat19,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I discovered that you have proposed a similar case which has been marked solved. Is there anything unsolved, could you please share more about your scenario?

We are used to using LookUp() when it comes to auto-populating one field based on another field filled. This function is easier and efficient.  

Since you mentioned that this autofill issue is related to submitting a new form, I think there is something different from the case you proposed before.

I have a test on my side, you can take a try as below.

Set the Default property of the data card belonging to product name as below

If(EditForm1.Mode=FormMode.New,LookUp(Employees,EmployeesId=DataCardValue3.Text,EmployeesName))​

On your side, you can write as below

If(EditForm1.Mode=FormMode.New,LookUp(Table1,ItemNumber=DataCardValue3.Text,ProductName))​

Note: DataCardValue3 represents by the control belonging to Item Numbers in your Form.

You can also check the GIF attachment for reference.0004.gif

Best Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi@akashsaraswat19,

Have you solved your issue?

If it solves your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Best Regards,

Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,114)