cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ez1138
Helper V
Helper V

Auto-Populate from Drop-Down (From SharePoint List)

Apologize but didn't find the current auto-populate method(s) to auto-populate multiple fields from one drop-down.

I found this and have not tried, yet, although I didn't know if there are other/better/smarter ways.

http://blog.extrobe.co.uk/blog/2016/11/27/populate-a-dropdown-based-on-the-value-of-another-dropdown...

Thanks for any insight!

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Mike,

The blog should work. You just need to change the connection to SharePoint list. 

Also have a look at the below thread to see if it helps:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Powerapps-BInding-to-dropdown-control/td-p/1227

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I tried the blog from the excel data source for ParentReason, ChildReason.  Worked fine.  I must be missing something visual or otherwise on the link you provided with the Parent.Default and Cards.  Writing technical steps is super-hard sometimes without screen-shots and I know I'm missing the steps.

Similar to the first example, here is what I attempted to do.

Created first drop-down from my "Contacts" data source, a SharePoint List and here's the code I placed in.  I also have a second data source name "Company-Agency", which is a lookup from "Contacts" for the "Company-Agency" this individual works for.

Drop-Down Name - ContactsDrop (name matters in second drop-down)

Code - Distinct(Contacts,Name_x002d_Combined)

That worked fine.  My confusion would be for the second drop-down (although I prefer a text field, just because I simply want to display the supporting fields within this Sharepoint list such as address, city, state, etc.).

Drop-Down Name - PopulatedDrop (Name shouldn't matter here)

Code - Filter('Contacts'.Company,ContactsDrop.Selected.Value in Company-Agency)

I know I'm confusing myself somewhere.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,314)