cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Auto-Populate from Drop-Down (From SharePoint List)

Apologize but didn't find the current auto-populate method(s) to auto-populate multiple fields from one drop-down.

I found this and have not tried, yet, although I didn't know if there are other/better/smarter ways.

http://blog.extrobe.co.uk/blog/2016/11/27/populate-a-dropdown-based-on-the-value-of-another-dropdown...

Thanks for any insight!

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Auto-Populate from Drop-Down (From SharePoint List)

Hi Mike,

The blog should work. You just need to change the connection to SharePoint list. 

Also have a look at the below thread to see if it helps:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Powerapps-BInding-to-dropdown-control/td-p/1227

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Auto-Populate from Drop-Down (From SharePoint List)

I tried the blog from the excel data source for ParentReason, ChildReason.  Worked fine.  I must be missing something visual or otherwise on the link you provided with the Parent.Default and Cards.  Writing technical steps is super-hard sometimes without screen-shots and I know I'm missing the steps.

Similar to the first example, here is what I attempted to do.

Created first drop-down from my "Contacts" data source, a SharePoint List and here's the code I placed in.  I also have a second data source name "Company-Agency", which is a lookup from "Contacts" for the "Company-Agency" this individual works for.

Drop-Down Name - ContactsDrop (name matters in second drop-down)

Code - Distinct(Contacts,Name_x002d_Combined)

That worked fine.  My confusion would be for the second drop-down (although I prefer a text field, just because I simply want to display the supporting fields within this Sharepoint list such as address, city, state, etc.).

Drop-Down Name - PopulatedDrop (Name shouldn't matter here)

Code - Filter('Contacts'.Company,ContactsDrop.Selected.Value in Company-Agency)

I know I'm confusing myself somewhere.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,735)