cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SKidambi2
Level: Powered On

Auto Pull Data from SharePoint List based on input in Powerapps

Ok Gurus i am totally new to powerapps .

Now i have a list in sharepoint with 4 feilds like ( employee Number, Employee Name ,Location etc.) now when i put the employee number the Name location and other feilds should auto populate from the sharepoint list. Once the information is populated and i submit an email has to go to the employee about confirmation 

Can you please share step by step process to do it please as i am totally new to this please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

Re: Auto Pull Data from SharePoint List based on input in Powerapps

so your fields on the form should have names like this: DataCardValue1 , DataCardValue2, etc

for now just focus on one field and try to populate Title, which I'm assuming is DataCardValue1, and I'm assuming Gin Number is DataCardValue2; but you need to verify the names in your app.

Set this in the Default property of the DataCardValue1 

LookUp(YourSharePointList, 'Gin Number' = DataCardValue2.Text, Title)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

There is a similar post here which will help you achieve your goal.

For sending email, and if you are using Office365Outlook, and if you are using SubmitForm() function, set OnSuccess of your form to

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(EmployeeEmail, "Subject", "Body")

**This will use the current user's account to send out the email to the employee

SKidambi2

Hi I tried it but i am getting an error can you please check . So what i did was my list has all the information in the backend

Now in powerapps i created a new canvas mobile App

Connect to the datasource which is the sharepoint list and change the GIN Number to "Number".

And now from here how can i take it .

Again i just input the GIN Number and from the sharepoint list it should update rest of the feilds thats it

Untitled.png

SKidambi2

@SKidambi2 wrote:

Hi I tried it but i am getting an error can you please check . So what i did was my list has all the information in the backend

Connect to the datasource which is the sharepoint list and change the GIN Number to "Number".

Again i just input the GIN Number and from the sharepoint list it should update rest of the feilds thats it

Untitled.png

@SKidambi2 wrote:

Untitled.png

Untitled.pngThis is another error i get when i try to put the forumale which you have given

Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

so your fields on the form should have names like this: DataCardValue1 , DataCardValue2, etc

for now just focus on one field and try to populate Title, which I'm assuming is DataCardValue1, and I'm assuming Gin Number is DataCardValue2; but you need to verify the names in your app.

View solution in original post

SKidambi2

@Edwin-Abdalian wrote:

So basically i tried the above formuale but getting the error as below . I have taken the screen shot of the data also shown below.

afterchanging the formulae.pngdata.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,288)