cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sacred_Totems
Advocate II
Advocate II

Auto Start Timer

How do you get a Timer to auto start during the screen load of the very first screen.

Meaning there would be no buttons pushed.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@Sacred_Totems ,

See if this one works for you

View solution in original post

Thanks @Sacred_Totems ,

For the sake of a completely working app for future users of this thread, I am attaching this. The start button on the last one will not work.

For your info, all I did was made the first timer AutoStart to true and increased the Duration to 4 seconds as there is a slight delay loading the first image. I put the Start code back in the attached and it still works fine.

For the Switch statement, it is nothing more than a condensed If sequence as below. Images change on the same basis. If you have done any VB, it is a Select / Case statement equivalent.

Switch(
    vTimer,         //the value being tested
    "Start1",       //If vTimer = "Start1"
    If(            
        FadeT_1.Value > 2000,       //Test if value under 2000
        FadeT_1.Value / 4000,       //If so, fade in sequence runs
        1 - FadeT_1.Value / 4000    //When it reaches 2000, start fade out sequence
    ),
    "Start2",       //and so on for the other timers
    If(
        FadeT_2.Value > 1500,
        FadeT_2.Value / 3000,
        1 - FadeT_2.Value / 3000
    ),
    "Start3",
    If(
        FadeT_3.Value > 1500,
        FadeT_3.Value / 3000,
        1 - FadeT_3.Value / 3000
    )
)

6 REPLIES 6
eka24
Super User
Super User

Set a variable on the Navigation Button example:

Set(varStartTimer,true);Navigate(Screen1)

Then set the Start of the Timer to:
varStartTimer

Please remember the AutoStart is set to Off
------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@eka24 ,

Please read this post and this one and it may assist - this appears to be a difference in settings somewhere.

If you can think of something, your ideas are welcome.

@Sacred_Totems it is always good to refer to other related material to assist a responder to zero in on the issue quicker.

Thank you @eka24 ,

@WarrenBelz is right. I should of included some more information with this, instead of trying to be ultra efficient.  I edited the question.

How do you get a Timer to auto start during the screen load of the very first screen, without any buttons being pushed?  The reason I am doing this, is so that a timer starts, which will trigger a series of timers.

Warren shared an app he made that apparently works on his computer but does not auto activate the timer on mine. I tried running it on both Chrome & Edge.

@Sacred_Totems ,

See if this one works for you

@WarrenBelz 

That one is working thank you.  I am not exactly sure how the Switch is working but that is for me to figure out 🙂

Thank you Warren.

Thanks @Sacred_Totems ,

For the sake of a completely working app for future users of this thread, I am attaching this. The start button on the last one will not work.

For your info, all I did was made the first timer AutoStart to true and increased the Duration to 4 seconds as there is a slight delay loading the first image. I put the Start code back in the attached and it still works fine.

For the Switch statement, it is nothing more than a condensed If sequence as below. Images change on the same basis. If you have done any VB, it is a Select / Case statement equivalent.

Switch(
    vTimer,         //the value being tested
    "Start1",       //If vTimer = "Start1"
    If(            
        FadeT_1.Value > 2000,       //Test if value under 2000
        FadeT_1.Value / 4000,       //If so, fade in sequence runs
        1 - FadeT_1.Value / 4000    //When it reaches 2000, start fade out sequence
    ),
    "Start2",       //and so on for the other timers
    If(
        FadeT_2.Value > 1500,
        FadeT_2.Value / 3000,
        1 - FadeT_2.Value / 3000
    ),
    "Start3",
    If(
        FadeT_3.Value > 1500,
        FadeT_3.Value / 3000,
        1 - FadeT_3.Value / 3000
    )
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,091)