Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LuccaGiffoni
Helper I
Helper I

Auto-clean list integrated with a list on SharePoint

Hello everybody!

I'm workin on a new project and I need to do an app that an user can submit requests to get an authorization to leave, vacation and etc. I made it, but my boss told me I need to make that the request he already authorized or not get away and do not appear anymore on his app at the same time I need to keep up a 6 month history of all requests.

I really don't know how to do that. Could someone help me, please?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@LuccaGiffoni 

You're going to run into a bug in PowerApps!!!  

What you need to do is filter on the Approval column in your list and it appears that it is a yes/no column.

PowerApps has had a LOOOOOONG running bug with yes/no columns.  You can filter on them based on the true/yes value, but you run into problems with filtering on the false/no value.

You can get around this with the following formula for your Items property:

Filter(yourDataSource, Approval = false)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HenryARPhillips
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

You might be able to get away with something as simple as a Filter after an If, determining if it is the Boss man using the app.

So to determine if it is the Boss man, not sure if there is one boss man or multiple.

You could get dirty and in the on run of the app, specify a variable of either name or email. Something that lives in a request that would identify the approver. Then in the List of requests, just Filter and say if the Approver = the variable we set then don't show. Or perhaps you have a handle on what has already been approved and that way we can just incorporate that into a Filter logic.

If you did want to do it based on person and be a bit more dynamic, without me getting more complex and doing it by way of a Group. You could populate a variable on the start of the app called say gblCurrentUser. So something like Set(gblCurrentUser,User()) This would allow for you to tap into a make use of controlling elements based on the signed in user, by way of Name or Email.

LuccaGiffoni
Helper I
Helper I

@HenryARPhillips I'm really thankful for your answer! But I don't if that is exactly what I need to do. I wasn't clear enough about what I need. (I'm sorry, that's my first day working on PowerApps kkkk)

So, I have the Gallery, just as the screenshot 1 shows it, and I need to put some kinda filter there to not show any request that already has been aproved or denied - as you can see on screenshot 2.

I would be really grateful if you explain it on an easier (kinda noob) way kkkk

Thanks!

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@LuccaGiffoni 

You're going to run into a bug in PowerApps!!!  

What you need to do is filter on the Approval column in your list and it appears that it is a yes/no column.

PowerApps has had a LOOOOOONG running bug with yes/no columns.  You can filter on them based on the true/yes value, but you run into problems with filtering on the false/no value.

You can get around this with the following formula for your Items property:

Filter(yourDataSource, Approval = false)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

HenryARPhillips
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@LuccaGiffoni let me know if @RandyHayes suggestion doesn't work out for you and I will take a look

LuccaGiffoni
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you guys!

I was having a lot of problems with the yes/no columns, but instead of working with an yes/no column I create a flow using the approval connector, so it made a lot easier.

I still not figured out how to do that with an flow "When an item is modified" -> "Update Item" -> "Delete Item", but my app is working and, by the way, it's a lot easier to deal with.

Than you very much! For real!

(I already chose Randy's message as solution)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (30,936)