cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RamanN

Auto-convert InfoPath to PowerApps

We have lot of InfoPath to rebuild as PowerApps. 

Do we have option to auto-convert (migrate) InfoPath forms into PowerApps forms or any other middling template or something like that?

4 REPLIES 4
Dejinmi
Community Support
Community Support

@RamanN There is currently no option to auto-convert infopath into PowerApps forms. Powerapps "forms" are SharePoint lists customized with PowerApps. I know infopath integrates with SharePoint lists as well so maybe there is a way to convert your current infopath forms to SharePoint lists and then customize those with SharePoint. 

Hi @RamanN ,

This was on my wish list as well.

InfoPath is really the "old" PowerApps as you would know, but are a completely different structure. One thing I did to help change management was have the InfoPath form open on another screen and made the PowerApps integrated form look as much the same as possible, including changing the canvas size in PowerApps to suit.

I understand there is no direct way to automate InfoPath to PowerApps conversion. However, like to know if there is any way to build PowerApps automatically. E.g. create PowerApps based on a input file or PowerShell?

@RamanN ,

The only real "auto build" I know of is the SharePoint Canvas App phone layout, which is pretty basic, but gives you some pre-built screens and controls. Also the SharePoint Integration "Customize in Power Apps" build puts the fields on the screen with some code done. Other than that, it is canvas blank screens and start adding forms, controls and code to them.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,707)