cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto-generate number not beginning at 1

I need to convert a Nintex form to PowerApps intake form that has auto-generated job numbers. This is already in production. I just need to convert all over to PowerApps. I don't know where to start.

The auto generate part of the Nintex form includes a separate list and Nintex workflow but I was hoping to be able to keep most of the functions on the PowerApps form.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Anonymous 

In PowerApps, you could use the inbuilt ID property in SP list/library or have another list that maintains the latest job number

For the formcontrol - once the form is posted

on OnSuccess property use

Patch(DataSource, FormName.LastSubmit,{JobNumber:FormName.LastSubmit.ID })

This will update the job number field once the form is submitted 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

You can 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Anonymous 

In PowerApps, you could use the inbuilt ID property in SP list/library or have another list that maintains the latest job number

For the formcontrol - once the form is posted

on OnSuccess property use

Patch(DataSource, FormName.LastSubmit,{JobNumber:FormName.LastSubmit.ID })

This will update the job number field once the form is submitted 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

You can 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (41,430)