cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Auto-generated Note not showing in Power Apps portal

Hi all,

I have the following scenario implemented:

1) A Power Automate flow which is triggered by new incoming GMail mails (with mandatory attachment). This flow creates a new custom entity record ("Posteingang" / "IncomingMail") for every email in Power Apps. In addition, the flow also creates a new Notes record. This Notes record stores the mail attachment and is linked to the Posteingang entity via ID reference.

2) A Power Apps portal which is showing a list of all Posteingang records. A user can click on a specific Posteingang record and the portal than shows a detail page with information on the Posteingang document as well as the respective Notes attachment.

Right now, everything works fine except that the created Note / Attachment is not shown on the Details webpage (portal) (please see Screenshot "NotShowingScreent"). Why not? I can see that the Note / Attachment is clearly linked to the respective entity via the Power Apps Entity view (data tab). Everything here looks good (see Screenshot "ScreenPowerApp").  

My first thought was that it might be a problem with the entity permissions in Power Apps portal. Howevever, the permissions are set correctly. When I create an Entity record manually in the portal and upload a file, this file is shown in the portal correctly (see Screenshot "ManualEntry"). Only files / notes generated via Power Automate are not shown and I do not understand why.

Kind regards and big thank you,

Patrick Wolf

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Auto-generated Note not showing in Power Apps portal

I found the solution. You have to insert

*WEB*

in the Description field of the Note entity when creating the Notes record via Power Automate.

When *WEB* is written to this field, the attachment is shown in the Power Apps Portal view.

Kind regards,

Patrick

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,438)