cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yemata
Advocate III
Advocate III

Auto populate dropdown based on other three dropdown values

I am trying to auto populate a dropdown field (High, Moderate & low) based on other three dropdown values. If any of the three fields have a Value "High" the value should be set to "High" and if any of the fields have a value set to "Moderate" the value should be "Moderate". 

Any idea how i can set this up?

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Yemata ,

Could you tell me:

1. If the value of one dropdown is 'High' and the value of the another dropdown is 'Moderate', what is the value of the fourth dropdown?
  2. If the values of the three dropdowns are all 'low', what is the value of the fourth dropdown?

I assume:

1. If the values of dropdowns have both 'High' and 'Moderate', the value of the fourth dropdown is 'High'.
  2. If the values of the three dropdowns are all 'low', then the value of the fourth dropdown is 'low'.

If my assumptions are correct, I did a test for you.

1\ Add 4 dropdown controls .'Dropdown1' , 'Dropdown2', 'Dropdown3', 'Dropdown4'. 

Set their Items property to:

["High","Moderate","low"]

2\ Set the 4th dropdown control 'Dropdown4' 's Default property to:

If(Or(Dropdown1.Selected.Value="High",Dropdown2.Selected.Value="High",Dropdown3.Selected.Value="High"),"High",Or(Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Moderate",Dropdown2.Selected.Value="Moderate",Dropdown3.Selected.Value="Moderate"),"Moderate","low")

3\ The result is as follows:

AAA.gif

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Yemata ,

Could you tell me:

1. If the value of one dropdown is 'High' and the value of the another dropdown is 'Moderate', what is the value of the fourth dropdown?
  2. If the values of the three dropdowns are all 'low', what is the value of the fourth dropdown?

I assume:

1. If the values of dropdowns have both 'High' and 'Moderate', the value of the fourth dropdown is 'High'.
  2. If the values of the three dropdowns are all 'low', then the value of the fourth dropdown is 'low'.

If my assumptions are correct, I did a test for you.

1\ Add 4 dropdown controls .'Dropdown1' , 'Dropdown2', 'Dropdown3', 'Dropdown4'. 

Set their Items property to:

["High","Moderate","low"]

2\ Set the 4th dropdown control 'Dropdown4' 's Default property to:

If(Or(Dropdown1.Selected.Value="High",Dropdown2.Selected.Value="High",Dropdown3.Selected.Value="High"),"High",Or(Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Moderate",Dropdown2.Selected.Value="Moderate",Dropdown3.Selected.Value="Moderate"),"Moderate","low")

3\ The result is as follows:

AAA.gif

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

Yemata
Advocate III
Advocate III

@v-xiaochen-msft For some reason it is underlining the whole formula in red. 2021-04-07_10-39-59.jpg

@v-xiaochen-msft Any idea why the formula is throwing error ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,526)