Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimboSey
Helper III
Helper III

Auto populate emails from mailbox to PowerApp

Hi,

So the issue I have is I have lots of websites for my job, within all these sites is a hyperlink to an outlook mailbox, where people can report feedback.

I now have a PowerApp which makes the mailbox redundant, but the link to the mailbox still sits in all the online products.

As an interim measure I am looking for a solution, so I dont have to go through every site and replace the link.

Ideally id create something that auto pulls the email/body etc from the emails in the mailbox and writes to the new PowerApps SharePoint list.

Is this achieveable? Perhaps with PowerAutomate? Flow?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
A-Roosevelt
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello @JimboSey 

Yes you can achieve that, let me run you through the steps

• Go to Power Automate and create a New Automated Cloud Flow
  • Choose your desired name for naming the flow
  • For triggers; Choose When a new Email Arrives V3
  • Click on create

Note: Remember to login Power Automate with the outlook email you would be receiving these email

• Leave the Folder option to INBOX or set the folder option where the customers emails would be entering
  • Click a New Step
  • Search for Share Point and Click on SharePoint
  • Click on the Action "Create Item" 

In the Share Point Dialog

• Site Address: Enter the Site address where you list is created
  • List Name: Enter the list name you data will be sent to from the email
  • In the corresponding columns created from the list, enter corresponding email information that fits the column

Save the flow

Test the flow by sending a message to the email address you want your customers to from a different email 

Viola!

Your details is now stored to SharePoint; Whenever you receive an email on that outlook address it automatically stores in SharePoint. 

Cheers!!!

Thank you so much.

One question, I will be logging into PowerAutomate with my own individual email, but can I set the flow on a different mailbox, for example one I have for maintenance (several people have access to this atm).

Thanks again.

A-Roosevelt
Resolver I
Resolver I

@JimboSey Your best option is to login into Power Automate with the email several people have access to, you can create a new step to forward the email to your personal email.

Note: Why it wont work otherwise is that your personal email will not give permission to the other email to read emails from it.

Except it's a business email that has many sub domain emails then it will work

Hi, thanks again.

Its actually a DL mailbox. Don't know how I'd login to that to set the flow up in it?

Thanks

@JimboSey In PowerAutomate you do have the option to connect to a shared mailbox

PowerRanger_0-1644586448027.png

Is this what you are looking for?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

​Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item.

If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

This would be perfect, but I dont seem to have Get Emails (V3) unless I'm missing something?

Thanks

@PowerRanger 

I have the 'When a new email arrives (V3)'. 

If I added the shared mailbox address to the 'To' field would that work?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,436)