cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Auto populate fields from related entity

Hi,

I am creating a model driven app. I am creating form in Order entity. I the Order entity, I have a field "Customer" that is a lookup field on " Account entity". The ask is,

If I create a new order form, search for a Customer, then it should auto populate related fields of the Customer (from Account entity) like Address, email, etc.

I know one way to do it Quick view form but the con with that is it's just view only and the fields are not editable. I would like to have, if the address of a Customer is changed, the address field should be editable for the purpose.

Please let me know if there is any way to achieve this.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

Looking through your issue here it appears there might be some field security that is getting applied that is preventing you from editing the field. If you take a look at the article below you should be able to remove this and make these fields editable. This might be better suited for Microsoft Customer Support, you could always have them take a look if communities is unable to help you with your issue.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/field-security-entities

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,820)