Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbsin
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Auto populate in PowerApps date, name and email

Hi

I want to create a main page that will auto pick up the User().Name and Date (submission date) as of today that will appear in PowerApps and update into SP list.

I create from the datasource, how to not sure the words date, requestor and boxes just the name and date

1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HenryARPhillips
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-patch

For a SharePoint list it is along the lines of:

Patch(<SharePointDataSource>,<RecordtoPatch>,{

<ColumnName>: <Value>

}

)

If this is adding a new item,  so no previous record exists to update,  you can just do Defaults(<SharePointDataSource>) for your record value. 

Thanks

Henry

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HenryARPhillips
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi,

If I have understood you correctly and if built from data source, you will find each field within a card. The card will be locked by default, so will need to be unlocked to allow editing. Once edited, it doesn't actually get rid of the original, it just creates a custom card based on the original, so you can still easily go back to the original if needs be.

So in terms of the headings, you could manipulate once you have unlocked the card.

To be honest sometimes it is easier to just to start blank, set it how you want it to be and then in the OnSelect, just use the Patch function to get it back into SharePoint.

Let me know specifically what you still need to do, should the above info not help and I will try and guide you as best I can.

Thanks

Henry

bbsin
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi Henry

I don't know how to use patch as I dont know the syntax..   cannot understand how to the code 🙂

HenryARPhillips
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-patch

For a SharePoint list it is along the lines of:

Patch(<SharePointDataSource>,<RecordtoPatch>,{

<ColumnName>: <Value>

}

)

If this is adding a new item,  so no previous record exists to update,  you can just do Defaults(<SharePointDataSource>) for your record value. 

Thanks

Henry

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (28,098)