cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GerardoPlass
Helper II
Helper II

Autocomplete label when selecting data from dropdown list

The question is the following, I have an excel file with 3 columns: name, email, telephone, the name I place as a drop-down list, I want that when selecting a name it autocompletes in a label its mail and in another label its cell phone. please your support

GerardoPlass_0-1664295195121.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@GerardoPlass 

So you have one of two choices!

Your formula on the Items is narrowing your entire table to just one column - the COORDINADOR column. So there will be no other columns to use for your .Selected record of the dropdown.

So, one choice is you can get rid of the narrowing and change your dropdown Items property formula to: TB_COORDINADORES

Then you can reference CB_Coordinador.Selected.EMAIL for your TextInput Default as mentioned before.

OR, you can change your Default on the TextInput to:

LookUp(TB_COORDINADORES, COORDINADOR = CB_Coordinador.Selected.COORDINADOR, EMAIL)

Either will work!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
happyume
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Try this as the text property for your input box: DropDown1.Selected.Email

Hello, thank you very much for your answer, I only get the Result option 😞

GerardoPlass_0-1664295908139.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@GerardoPlass 

This is because you are using the Distinct function in your combobox Items property.  

What is the Items property?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Hello, this is my applied formula, the idea is that when selecting the name of the list, the email of that person is autocompleted in the label. The list of names is an excel table where there is a name column and an email column

GerardoPlass_0-1664303400512.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@GerardoPlass 

So you have one of two choices!

Your formula on the Items is narrowing your entire table to just one column - the COORDINADOR column. So there will be no other columns to use for your .Selected record of the dropdown.

So, one choice is you can get rid of the narrowing and change your dropdown Items property formula to: TB_COORDINADORES

Then you can reference CB_Coordinador.Selected.EMAIL for your TextInput Default as mentioned before.

OR, you can change your Default on the TextInput to:

LookUp(TB_COORDINADORES, COORDINADOR = CB_Coordinador.Selected.COORDINADOR, EMAIL)

Either will work!

Thank you very much, it worked perfectly

Result

GerardoPlass_0-1664305731129.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,668)