Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Autocomplete on form while typing

Hi there,

I'm creating a checkin app in which I ask some user details in a form and submit it into a CDS table. What I want is to autocomplete what the user insert in a specific DataCardValue while he is typing based on a CDS column.

For example: I'm inserting my company name that is already memorized into a CDS column. While I type, I want the system to autocomplete the name. 

Do you think is it possible to obtain such a behaviour, maybe with some workaround or something similar?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Autocomplete on form while typing

Hi @Mh2 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want the company name value to be autocompleted when you type a company name which has been memorized into your CDS column within a Text Input box within your Edit form?

If you want he company name value to be autocompleted when you type a company name which has been memorized into your CDS column within a Text Input box within your Edit form, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

As an alternative solution, you could consider convert the Text Input box within your Edit form into a ComboBox control. Then populate all available Company Name values from your CDS Column into the ComboBox. After that, you could choose a avaialble company name within the ComboBox directly instead of typing a whole Company Name.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:4.JPG

5.JPG

On your side, you need to unlock the Company Name data card within your Edit form firstly. Then remove the original Text Input box from the Company Name data card, instead, add a ComboBox control (ComboBox1) within it.

Set the Items property of the ComboBox to following:

'Your Entity Name'.'Company Name'  /* <-- List all available company name values which has already been memorized into your 'Company Name' column  */

Or

[@YourEntityName].'Company Name'    /* <-- List all available company name values which has already been memorized into your 'Company Name' column  */

Set the Update property of the Company Name Data card to following:

If(
   IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected.'Company Name'), 
   ComboBox1.SearchText,
   ComboBox1.Selected.'Company Name'
)

Note: Within the ComboBox, you could also consider type a new Company Name manually rather than choose one available value from the ComboBox. The 'Company Name' represents the column your specific Data card value related to.

More details about converting the Original Text Input box into a ComboBox within the Edit form, please check the following GIF screenshot:Test.gif

Please take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mh2 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want the company name value to be autocompleted when you type a company name which has been memorized into your CDS column within a Text Input box within your Edit form?

If you want he company name value to be autocompleted when you type a company name which has been memorized into your CDS column within a Text Input box within your Edit form, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

As an alternative solution, you could consider convert the Text Input box within your Edit form into a ComboBox control. Then populate all available Company Name values from your CDS Column into the ComboBox. After that, you could choose a avaialble company name within the ComboBox directly instead of typing a whole Company Name.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:4.JPG

5.JPG

On your side, you need to unlock the Company Name data card within your Edit form firstly. Then remove the original Text Input box from the Company Name data card, instead, add a ComboBox control (ComboBox1) within it.

Set the Items property of the ComboBox to following:

'Your Entity Name'.'Company Name'  /* <-- List all available company name values which has already been memorized into your 'Company Name' column  */

Or

[@YourEntityName].'Company Name'    /* <-- List all available company name values which has already been memorized into your 'Company Name' column  */

Set the Update property of the Company Name Data card to following:

If(
   IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected.'Company Name'), 
   ComboBox1.SearchText,
   ComboBox1.Selected.'Company Name'
)

Note: Within the ComboBox, you could also consider type a new Company Name manually rather than choose one available value from the ComboBox. The 'Company Name' represents the column your specific Data card value related to.

More details about converting the Original Text Input box into a ComboBox within the Edit form, please check the following GIF screenshot:Test.gif

Please take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mh2 ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you add a Dropdown control within your Edit form.

Actually, within the alternative solution I provided above, the Dropdown box I mentioned is the ComboBox control. On your side, please consider remove the Dropdown control from the corresponding Data card in your Edit form, then add a ComboBox control:11.JPG

More details about the ComboBox control, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-combo-box

Best regards,

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mh2 ,

Please consider set the IsSearchable property of the ComboBox control to following:

true

set the SelectMultiple property to following:

false

Please take a try with above soluton, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you very much, the problem is solved!

Have a nice day! 🙂

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Gracias! funcionó perfectamente....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,989)