cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Automated flow to be triggered when there's an entry in PowerApps Notes/TimeLine section

Hi,

I am new to Power Platform and still learning..

I want to create an automated flow that is triggered when there's an manual entry made within powerapps field(Notes/TimeLine section).

I would like to capture the date/time, Entry made by and text info from the timeline section and make it available on the list views.

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PriS_09 :

Could you describe your needs in detail?

What is "powerapps field"?A feild in a entity?Could you tell me more about  "powerapps field"?

Could you tell me:

• I would like to capture the date/time(What is date/time?a filed name?), Entry made by and text info(text what info?) from the timeline section(What is timeline section?) and make it available on the list views(What is " list views"?).
  • What kind of application are you creating? Which tools do you plan to use (flow? canvas app? model-driven app?)

What's more,If you need to send the results of the flow to the canvas app, then the trigger of the flow must be powerapps.

In addition,If you are interested in Powers Automate, this forum is a better choice:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/bd-p/BuildingFlows

Best Regards,

Bof

Highlighted

Sure.

I have a model driven app. The field I was talking about is Timeline section:

PriS_09_0-1594136303317.png

I have this timeline section in a record, I would like to capture: Note modified by(User), text(highlighted), Date/Time(highlighted).

And make it available in my view 

PriS_09_1-1594138219920.png

So an event: Whenever a manual entry made in this timeline section.

I would want to trigger a flow that takes the note modified by, text in the body and the date/time and put it on my view so that users don't have to go inside each record to see it.

Hope this is clear.

Highlighted

Hi @PriS_09 :

You seem to mention the two entities "Note" and "timeline". Is there a 1:N relationship between these two entities?
Do you want to add a record (record the user's name/time) to the timeline when the user modifies a record in the Note entity, and associate the two records by flow?If so,I am afraid that it is not possible to create relationship between two entities using flow currently.

As an alternative, I suggest you use the canvas app. Because the canvas app can call the current time through the Now() function, the User() function calls the current user, and finally uses the Relate function to relate the new two records.

If my understanding is incorrect please help me to point it out.

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,953)