Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ajwou
Helper II
Helper II

Automated way of sharing PowerApp with a new person in the company

Hello, 

We have build several apps and every time we have a new starter we go and manually add the person to the list. Please would there be a way how this can be automated? 

Kind Regards, 

Ajwou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zaphod88
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Not fully automated, but a bit: You could share the apps with security groups and create a Sharepoint list (or a PowerApp) as a flow trigger. The user account itself has to be created manually, but the creator could verify that in a list or App to trigger a flow that adds the user to relevant security groups and sends an automated email with links to the flows as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewInwards
Resolver II
Resolver II

It would probably be a good idea to post this in the Ideas forum, so that is can be voted on and put in motion.

Here is the link to the forum

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas 

zaphod88
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Not fully automated, but a bit: You could share the apps with security groups and create a Sharepoint list (or a PowerApp) as a flow trigger. The user account itself has to be created manually, but the creator could verify that in a list or App to trigger a flow that adds the user to relevant security groups and sends an automated email with links to the flows as well.

stephenJames
Resolver I
Resolver I

Using security groups helped me out. I used to add 125+ people manually to every new application i built. Now i have added those 125+ people to a single security group and just add that one group to any new application. Saved me soooo much time. 

We do also have a nice little automation that adds and remove people from this security group as they come and go from the company. 

Ajwou
Helper II
Helper II

Hello, 

The security group was a good shout. Thanks a lot for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,278)