Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Automatic Replies

Hello,

Im trying to set up Automatic Replies for out of office within my powerapp.I'm connected to a SharePoint list which users select the date and time they will be out and on submitting it blocks out their calendar. So the next step I would like is for them to be able to set an out of office message when receiving emails. Ideally I would like a predetermined message where they can edit if need be.Im not sure of the proper steps to take to acheive this.

Thank You 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Taylor28,

There is an Office 365 function that you could take use of to set the OOF messages. the function schema is as below:

Office365.SetAutomaticRepliesSetting(Status,ExternalAudience,{ScheduledEndDateTimeOffset:"",ScheduledStartDateTimeOffset:"",InternalReplyMessage:"",ExternalReplyMessage:""})

Status value:

AlwaysEnabled,

Disabled

Scheduled

ExternalAudience:

All

ContactsOnly

None

For the StartDate, EndDate, and the Internal, external replies, all could be configured to accept control values.

So the implementation should be as below:

1. Add two dropdowns for Status and External Audience,

For Status dropdown, items set to:

["AlwaysEnabled","Disabled","Scheduled"]

Default value set to "AlwaysEnabled"

For External Audience dropdown, 

Items property set to:

["All","ContactsOnly", "None"]

Default set to "All".

2. Add two DatePicker control for Start and End Date, two TextInput control for the replies.

then the function should be implemented as below

Office365.SetAutomaticRepliesSetting(Dropdown1.Selected.Value,Dropdown2.Selected.Value,{ScheduledStartDateTimeOffset: DatePicker1.SelectedDate,ScheduledEndDateTimeOffset: DatePicker2.SelectedDate,InternalReplyMessage:TextInput1.Text,ExternalReplyMessage:TextInput2.Text})

Image reference:

OOF.gif

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Taylor28,

There is an Office 365 function that you could take use of to set the OOF messages. the function schema is as below:

Office365.SetAutomaticRepliesSetting(Status,ExternalAudience,{ScheduledEndDateTimeOffset:"",ScheduledStartDateTimeOffset:"",InternalReplyMessage:"",ExternalReplyMessage:""})

Status value:

AlwaysEnabled,

Disabled

Scheduled

ExternalAudience:

All

ContactsOnly

None

For the StartDate, EndDate, and the Internal, external replies, all could be configured to accept control values.

So the implementation should be as below:

1. Add two dropdowns for Status and External Audience,

For Status dropdown, items set to:

["AlwaysEnabled","Disabled","Scheduled"]

Default value set to "AlwaysEnabled"

For External Audience dropdown, 

Items property set to:

["All","ContactsOnly", "None"]

Default set to "All".

2. Add two DatePicker control for Start and End Date, two TextInput control for the replies.

then the function should be implemented as below

Office365.SetAutomaticRepliesSetting(Dropdown1.Selected.Value,Dropdown2.Selected.Value,{ScheduledStartDateTimeOffset: DatePicker1.SelectedDate,ScheduledEndDateTimeOffset: DatePicker2.SelectedDate,InternalReplyMessage:TextInput1.Text,ExternalReplyMessage:TextInput2.Text})

Image reference:

OOF.gif

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank You so much!,works beautifully.

Highlighted

Hello,

Quick Question everything works as it should ,however when I select the two dates from the date picker and check my outlook it shows as a day ahead. For example if I selected for my automatic replies to be from 4/17/2019-4/26/2019 my outlook automatic replies show as 4/16/2019-4/25/2019.Do you think you know why that might be?

Highlighted

Hi,

Is there a way to know the actual status of OOF ? I want to Disabled/Enabled OOF with Microsoft Flow each day if OOF is Enabled.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,125)