Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArafatTehsin
Resolver I
Resolver I

Automatic capture of photos using Camera Stream

Hello Experts!

As per the official docs here (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-camera), it's mentioned;

Use the Stream, StreamRate, and OnStream properties to automatically capture images on a timer, for example snapping a picture every minute to create a time-lapse sequence.

May I know how can we achieve this? Is there any example you guys can point me to or a sample?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, this does not work at all. However, I have figured out a way to do this with Stream. I will be sharing a full solution soon. 

I don't think Camera1.Photo can do this but if you have any working sample which handles using Camera1.Photo please share. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
summitb
Power Participant
Power Participant

How many frames you want to capture? 

Thanks @summitb for your response. I want to capture a picture after every 30 seconds. How do I do that?

User timer control put its duration as 30000 and repeat as true. Then onTimerEnd Collect(MyPictureStream, Camera1.Photo)

Well, this does not work at all. However, I have figured out a way to do this with Stream. I will be sharing a full solution soon. 

I don't think Camera1.Photo can do this but if you have any working sample which handles using Camera1.Photo please share. 

HI @ArafatTehsin 
Using Camera.Photo was a bad idea, I tried it using Stream as well. This one seems to be the best way of doing it. Recorded on how I did it. I guess you did the same way!

https://youtu.be/QNOEi-loNz8

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,255)