Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArafatTehsin
Resolver I
Resolver I

Automatic capture of photos using Camera Stream

Hello Experts!

As per the official docs here (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-camera), it's mentioned;

Use the Stream, StreamRate, and OnStream properties to automatically capture images on a timer, for example snapping a picture every minute to create a time-lapse sequence.

May I know how can we achieve this? Is there any example you guys can point me to or a sample?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, this does not work at all. However, I have figured out a way to do this with Stream. I will be sharing a full solution soon. 

I don't think Camera1.Photo can do this but if you have any working sample which handles using Camera1.Photo please share. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
summitb
Super User
Super User

How many frames you want to capture? 

Thanks @summitb for your response. I want to capture a picture after every 30 seconds. How do I do that?

User timer control put its duration as 30000 and repeat as true. Then onTimerEnd Collect(MyPictureStream, Camera1.Photo)

Well, this does not work at all. However, I have figured out a way to do this with Stream. I will be sharing a full solution soon. 

I don't think Camera1.Photo can do this but if you have any working sample which handles using Camera1.Photo please share. 

View solution in original post

HI @ArafatTehsin 
Using Camera.Photo was a bad idea, I tried it using Stream as well. This one seems to be the best way of doing it. Recorded on how I did it. I guess you did the same way!

https://youtu.be/QNOEi-loNz8

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,629)