Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Automatic zoom to selected control in iPhone

Hello

Please be so kind as to read my full post before responding.
Thank your for your consideration.

Recently I have noticed a "feature" of PowerApps on iPhone.
It automatically zooms in to the selected control in one of my PowerApps after selected said control.
It doesn't zoom out again after finishing input.
This behaviour is really annoying for me (and my end users).
Right now, after every input, I have to manually zoom out again to find the next control I want to change or click.

I have only noticed this annoying behaviour on our (single) iPhone device: iPhone 7, iOS 12.4, PowerApps 3.19071.14, Last test session: 544912bb-1a96-4ca7-b840-e1ba2383672c

1. Is it possible to turn off this "automatic zoom" somewhere?
  2. Is it possible to completely turn off zooming inside PowerApps or a particular PowerApp?

Maybe related, I don't know:
This particular PowerApp is built with a responsive layout, i.e., scale to fit disabled, lock aspect disabled, lock orientation disabled, Width of all screens set to App.Width, Height of all screens set to App.Height, ...
image.png

Thanks,
    Sa Wu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Automatic zoom to selected control in iPhone

SaWu is correct that PowerApps uses the same engine as Safari. This automatic zooming also happens on some websites in Safari. When text inputs are too small, iOS automatically zooms in so that users can see what they are typing. When they are done, iOS does not zoom out automatically. This also happens on Safari in Mac OS if you are using a Macbook.

This happens more frequently on iPhone because of the smaller screen size. Everything is shrunk more.

If you do not like this behaviour, the fix is easy: make the text inputs big enough so that iOS doesn't have to zoom in. The font size must be at least 16 or greater depending on how much the app is shrunk. This is the same workaround that the linked article above mentions.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello

A colleague mentioned that since this an iPhone only issue, it might be related to the auto-zoom functionality that Safari supposedly offers.

1. Is it true that PowerApps on iPhone uses Safari for rendering?
  2. If yes, is there any way to incorporate this Safari workaround in PowerApps?
    https://blog.osmosys.asia/2017/01/05/prevent-ios-from-zooming-in-on-input-fields/

Thanks
    Sa.

Highlighted

I'm seeing the same issue with the iPhone apps I've created!  Not only is it annoying, but I've found when it does this on the editform screens, it starts causing artifacts at the bottom of the screen where the keyboard pops up.  Then you've got to kill the app and restart it to view the bottom 100 pixels or so...  It's completely wrecked my app...

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'm having this same issue as well with our IPhone users.

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Also had the same issue.

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Microsoft, can you please resolve ? 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

having the same issue

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Do you have news about this?

thank you

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

SaWu is correct that PowerApps uses the same engine as Safari. This automatic zooming also happens on some websites in Safari. When text inputs are too small, iOS automatically zooms in so that users can see what they are typing. When they are done, iOS does not zoom out automatically. This also happens on Safari in Mac OS if you are using a Macbook.

This happens more frequently on iPhone because of the smaller screen size. Everything is shrunk more.

If you do not like this behaviour, the fix is easy: make the text inputs big enough so that iOS doesn't have to zoom in. The font size must be at least 16 or greater depending on how much the app is shrunk. This is the same workaround that the linked article above mentions.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

I've got an iPhone SE, and ComboBox set to size 25 font. When I click on the combobox, the application is zooming in substantially. After you pick a selection, you have to click out of the combobox, and then two finger manually zoom out (without clicking on any other part of the application).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,013)