Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Automatic zoom to selected control in iPhone

Hello

Please be so kind as to read my full post before responding.
Thank your for your consideration.

Recently I have noticed a "feature" of PowerApps on iPhone.
It automatically zooms in to the selected control in one of my PowerApps after selected said control.
It doesn't zoom out again after finishing input.
This behaviour is really annoying for me (and my end users).
Right now, after every input, I have to manually zoom out again to find the next control I want to change or click.

I have only noticed this annoying behaviour on our (single) iPhone device: iPhone 7, iOS 12.4, PowerApps 3.19071.14, Last test session: 544912bb-1a96-4ca7-b840-e1ba2383672c

1. Is it possible to turn off this "automatic zoom" somewhere?
  2. Is it possible to completely turn off zooming inside PowerApps or a particular PowerApp?

Maybe related, I don't know:
This particular PowerApp is built with a responsive layout, i.e., scale to fit disabled, lock aspect disabled, lock orientation disabled, Width of all screens set to App.Width, Height of all screens set to App.Height, ...
image.png

Thanks,
    Sa Wu.

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Posting a workaround
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

I found a bit of a rough workaround using the following (if this helps someone).

Put them on a page in this order:

- 1 label

- 1 text input

- 1 gallery

- 1 "x" icon

In terms of placement:

- Gallery is below everything

- Make a large (in height) text box, with the x icon on the right side of the text box

- Put the label in the text box. 

- 1 gallery

- Do a vertical gallery on the thing you want in the combobox. Make it kinda skinny, so it looks like a dropdown.

- Items: I've got mine filtering on a collection, but you can have whatever you want. 

- ONSELECT: Set(varX,ThisItem.Site); Reset('TextInput)

- Visible: Not(IsBlank('TextInput))

- 1 "x" icon (to exit the selection if you don't like it) -

- ONSELECT: Set(varX, "")

- VISIBLE: Not(IsBlank(varX))

- label 

- TEXT: varX

It ain't pretty, but I really needed a combobox...hope this helps somebody out there. 

Highlighted

2020-05-30_19-09-03.jpg

Highlighted

I created a workaround as well. It involves using a component. I basically created a component similar to the one that Microsoft provides in the component library demo for O365 user search.

There are some modifications, though.  The data I need is in CDS, not O365.  So, I use a text output on the component for the search string and a Boolean output to trigger a search.  A hidden toggle control on the screen is set to the component’s Boolean output, and when that Boolean changes the OnChange property of the toggle performs a ClearCollect function to handle the search in the CDS data source. Finally, the collection itself is passed into the component as an Table Input property.

What a mess just to workaround the sizing issue with combo boxes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,430)