Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaWu
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Automatic zoom to selected control in iPhone

Hello

Please be so kind as to read my full post before responding.
Thank your for your consideration.

Recently I have noticed a "feature" of PowerApps on iPhone.
It automatically zooms in to the selected control in one of my PowerApps after selected said control.
It doesn't zoom out again after finishing input.
This behaviour is really annoying for me (and my end users).
Right now, after every input, I have to manually zoom out again to find the next control I want to change or click.

I have only noticed this annoying behaviour on our (single) iPhone device: iPhone 7, iOS 12.4, PowerApps 3.19071.14, Last test session: 544912bb-1a96-4ca7-b840-e1ba2383672c

1. Is it possible to turn off this "automatic zoom" somewhere?
  2. Is it possible to completely turn off zooming inside PowerApps or a particular PowerApp?

Maybe related, I don't know:
This particular PowerApp is built with a responsive layout, i.e., scale to fit disabled, lock aspect disabled, lock orientation disabled, Width of all screens set to App.Width, Height of all screens set to App.Height, ...
image.png

Thanks,
    Sa Wu.

25 REPLIES 25
specoop2
Regular Visitor

Posting a workaround
Specoop
Helper III
Helper III

I found a bit of a rough workaround using the following (if this helps someone).

Put them on a page in this order:

- 1 label

- 1 text input

- 1 gallery

- 1 "x" icon

In terms of placement:

- Gallery is below everything

- Make a large (in height) text box, with the x icon on the right side of the text box

- Put the label in the text box. 

- 1 gallery

- Do a vertical gallery on the thing you want in the combobox. Make it kinda skinny, so it looks like a dropdown.

- Items: I've got mine filtering on a collection, but you can have whatever you want. 

- ONSELECT: Set(varX,ThisItem.Site); Reset('TextInput)

- Visible: Not(IsBlank('TextInput))

- 1 "x" icon (to exit the selection if you don't like it) -

- ONSELECT: Set(varX, "")

- VISIBLE: Not(IsBlank(varX))

- label 

- TEXT: varX

It ain't pretty, but I really needed a combobox...hope this helps somebody out there. 

2020-05-30_19-09-03.jpg

I created a workaround as well. It involves using a component. I basically created a component similar to the one that Microsoft provides in the component library demo for O365 user search.

There are some modifications, though.  The data I need is in CDS, not O365.  So, I use a text output on the component for the search string and a Boolean output to trigger a search.  A hidden toggle control on the screen is set to the component’s Boolean output, and when that Boolean changes the OnChange property of the toggle performs a ClearCollect function to handle the search in the CDS data source. Finally, the collection itself is passed into the component as an Table Input property.

What a mess just to workaround the sizing issue with combo boxes.

Eric6
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

It seems this behavior on iPhone is still unchanged now almost 2 years later, at least for combo boxes with "Searchable" set to "true". It does not occur with simple drop-down, list boxes, or input text fields.

As a workaround, I am now using an input text box, a list box, and a "down" icon. These three elements can be set up to work like a combo box. The text is used to filter the items of the list box, and the icon switches the list box to "visible".

As a further advantage, the search text can be reset for each new selection. With the ready-made combo box, the previous search text stays for the next search which I also find strange.

Anyway, it is unacceptable to the users that the screen would zoom in and stay like that after typing. So the workaround at least saves the app.

Best regards,

Erik

Hi Everyone, This long standing bug with Combo Box has been fixed. You will need to republish your app for the fix to be applied. Sorry for any inconvenience this caused.  

ComboBox iOS FixComboBox iOS Fix

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,189)