cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Automatically export sharepoint list when a mail with an sharepoint list attached to it comes in

Hello!

So basically I want to have a workflow that exports a SharePoint list when a mail with a sharepoint list attached to it comes in. 

Mail with excel file attachment comes in -> Mail workflow sees the attachments -> exports the excel file to a sharepoint list

Is this possible to do? 

Now I also have another question. Normally the Excel file would have to be a table in order to get the columns (I think). Is it possible to make it so it takes the first row as the columns when you export the excel file to a sharepoint list?  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Automatically export sharepoint list when a mail with an sharepoint list attached to it comes in

Hi, 

if you want to create a new SharePoint list for each Excel document, you can check out this link.
You must cache the attachment in SharePoint, for example. Then you can use the Excel Connector to list all rows of the Excel table. Then you should create the new list with the HTTP Connector for SharePoint. Then you can add new columns. 

In the example, the Item column in the Excel file contains my column names for SharePoint. For each row in the Item column in Excel, I create a new column with the same name in SharePoint.
HTTP for SharePoint.png

Finally, you can add the entries from Excel to the new list using the SharePoint Connector.

Best regards

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Automatically export sharepoint list when a mail with an sharepoint list attached to it comes in

@TimoMigchielsen 
Power Automate is the tool you'll want to use to solve this problem.  Suggest you post this in the Power Automate Community instead. You’ll get a quicker and better response over there

Link to Power Automate Community
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Power-Automate/ct-p/FL_GeneralDiscussions

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,695)