cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loskarlos

Automatically fill in primary column in dataverse model driven app

I have entity 'certification' and entity 'users' and I want to create an entity that would link certification and user and have information about when the certificate expires and when it was acquired.

The problem I have is that I don't have any primary column for that table, I would like to create a column Id that would autoincrement its values and users wouldn't have to enter anything in model-driven power apps.

I looked into the automatic number datatype but was not able to make it have a default value.

How do I create a primary column that the user doesn't have to fill in in model-driven powerapp?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
loskarlos

I just figured it out.

The way to do it to do what @Jcook described (Set the data type to automatic number), then, you also need to set it as optional, it will then get filled in automatically when a user submits a form.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jcook
Super User
Super User

Hello @loskarlos 

You can create an AutoNumber Column and do exactly what your looking for:

After creating a Table it creates a Text Primary Column. You can change it to Auto Number though:

Here you can define a Prefix and Seeding the value:

Snag_4885c6fd.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Hi, this is perfect, however, I am still having issues with filling it automatically. I created a test form and I can't find a way to do it. See the screenshot below. It is not filling in any value.

image.png

loskarlos

I just figured it out.

The way to do it to do what @Jcook described (Set the data type to automatic number), then, you also need to set it as optional, it will then get filled in automatically when a user submits a form.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,754)