cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karlosc

Automation of Quality check process

Hi,

have a process we are looking to automate. We have a checking process where we randomly check other peoples work for errors and quality assurance. Currently using excel to answer questions and derive an overall quality rate (%) of that service. Looking at how SharePoint online power apps and power bi dashboard can digitise this. Any ideas? 
thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi @Karlosc ,

You can implement a canvas app to get all the user feedback and you can validate the same and store back to SharePoint List / Excel or any data source of your wish.

Please share with me what you want I can implement and help you with that.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Karlosc ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please show more details about the data structure of your Excel table?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think PowerApps could achieve your needs. Firstly, you could consider generate an canvas app based on your Excel table. Within this canvas app, if you want to check one or multiple people work for errors and quality assurance, I think the Shuffle function could help you. The Shuffle function could Randomly reorders the table records, based on the Shuffle results, you could select one specific people or multiple people records to analyze their work for errors and quality assurance.

After that, if you want to patch the quality rate (%) back to your Excel table, I think the Patch function could achieve your needs. More details about the Patch function, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-patch

In addition, you could also add your Excel table as dataset in your Power BI, then you could add desired visuals in your Power BI report (based on your Excel table dataset) to analyze the quality rate (%) for specific people. You could consider pin this report as a Tile in a specific dashboard, then you could display the Power BI visual in your PowerApps canvas app through the "Power BI Tile" control.

Please take a try with above solution, then check if it could help in your scenario. If you have any issue with above solution, please feel free to let me know here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Kris, a bit more detail about the process:

We currently have approximately 10 different excel sheets (one for each “task” that needs checking). On a daily basis our QC team check all  team members work and complete an excel spreadsheet depending on the task they are checking.

Each spreadsheet contains about 15 free format fields for the checker to complete (such as the name, the date, the case number, client numbers etc). There are then up to another 20 questions to actually check the work, each question has a corresponding field (Yes/No/NA) and a comments field. There is a weighting on each field which gives an overall Score (out of 100%) and a grade given (over 80% = Pass).

There is then a master spreadsheet that we manually input each persons score and grades for each task and also tallys per team.

Each month, emails are sent to each individual providing their score for the month and access to all of the excel spreadsheets that have been completed of their work. There is also monthly and quarterly reporting sent out also.

Hope this provides some more context 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,595)