cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmw1130
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Autopopulate Person from dropdown

I am trying to autopopulate a person field based on the selection in a dropdown.  The dropdown is pulling from another list, which I am getting a few fields, one of them is a person field.  I can get the value to populate in my person fields using this formula:

If(
FormNewPMR.Mode=New,
{
Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(LookUp(Office365Users.SearchUser(),DisplayName = ComboBoxProgName.Selected.'Account Manager'.DisplayName,Mail)),
DisplayName: DataCardValue63.Text,
Email: LookUp(Office365Users.SearchUser(),DisplayName = ComboBoxProgName.Selected.'Account Manager'.Email,Mail),
Department:"",
JobTitle:"",
Picture:""
},

Parent.Default)

But am getting Bad Gateway error.

UPDATE:  I figured it out, it was so simple.  I used the same formula that I used on the other fields from the dropdown, but instead of Default items, I needed to use DefaultSelectedItems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kmw1130
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

UPDATE:  I figured it out, it was so simple.  I used the same formula that I used on the other fields from the dropdown, but instead of Default items, I needed to use DefaultSelectedItems.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kmw1130
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,399)